European delivery anyone? - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Posts: 1,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
European delivery anyone?

Just got home from BMW of Monrovia. Got talked into getting the Euro delivery an saving $2,300! Just wondering if anyone has gone an done this an what their experience was like? Also apparently I get to take along a "companion" who is paid for by BMW so there is no added expense for who ever you bring along?

Any factual information is apprecaited! An spoiler alert I am the future owner of a beautiful AW 135i $43,995 MSport wheel, convenience key, Sport Package, iPhone/Smart phone, an M sport Brake kit

Waiting my signature once I figure out how financially I will be paying an if I can do the Euro delivery an save some extra green.
///Made In is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Deus Vult
 
NMOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: I'm surrounded by Utards ┌∩┐(◕◕)┌∩┐
Posts: 7,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Everything I've heard about the Euro delivery program is extremely good, and it's usually what gets owners to purchase another BMW or Benz, etc.

You won't be disappointed. The only downside I've ever heard of is waiting for your car to cross the pond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
What kind of poor ass, food stamp collecting motherf*ckers still drive RWD Corollas? Seriously, this is like being in a time warp, people still buy these things...i mean people with real jobs?

Last edited by NMOne; 05-25-2009 at 08:38 PM.
NMOne is offline  
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMOne View Post
Everything I've heard about the Euro delivery program is extremely good, and it's usually what gets owners to purchase another BMW or Benz, etc.

You won't be disappointed.
Everything I have heard is also positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Immortal
 
magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 23,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
           
I'm lost on the extra companion thing. I thought you paid your way? So it's essentially a free trip to Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSchmonda View Post
I would give Denard a blowjob while I wear my #16 Michigan jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
maybe your the one that's stupid. It's spelt "Canada", not "canadia"
magoo is offline  
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
I'm lost on the extra companion thing. I thought you paid your way? So it's essentially a free trip to Europe.
For your companion. You pay for your trip and the other guy's trip is on BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Immortal
 
magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 23,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
For your companion. You pay for your trip and the other guy's trip is on BMW.
No shit? I should get back with my ex-girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSchmonda View Post
I would give Denard a blowjob while I wear my #16 Michigan jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
maybe your the one that's stupid. It's spelt "Canada", not "canadia"
magoo is offline  
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
No shit? I should get back with my ex-girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Photographer
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: f134
Posts: 3,212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Euro delivery, yes!
only if it's a Porsche.

SingleLens
altezzagita is offline  
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Care to explain what this Euro delivery thing is? I'm a bit confused.

~ Obsidian 2009 IS 250 RWD | X Wheels | F-Sport Intake | F-Sport Big Brake Kit ~
~ Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2008 IS-F | Mark Levinson Audio | Navigation ~
Dneprostroi is offline  
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Deus Vult
 
NMOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: I'm surrounded by Utards ┌∩┐(◕◕)┌∩┐
Posts: 7,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dneprostroi View Post
Care to explain what this Euro delivery thing is? I'm a bit confused.
You fly to the manufacturing plant of the automaker, usually get a tour or something, have your vehicle delivered in a special room of the plant, tour Europe and have the car shipped back to the states. Porsche, MBZ, Audi and BMW do it a lot and all of their programs are slightly different but more or less the same in structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottycameron View Post
What kind of poor ass, food stamp collecting motherf*ckers still drive RWD Corollas? Seriously, this is like being in a time warp, people still buy these things...i mean people with real jobs?

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 05-25-2009 at 09:50 PM.
NMOne is offline  
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Under House Arrest
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 서울, 대한민국 Fullerton, CA
Posts: 4,149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
           
damn iw ant to do that for my next car ahaha
xagenesis is offline  
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dneprostroi View Post
Care to explain what this Euro delivery thing is? I'm a bit confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMOne View Post
You fly to the manufacturing plant of the automaker, usually get a tour or something, have your vehicle delivered in a special room of the plant, tour Europe and have the car shipped back to the states. Porsche, MBZ, Audi and BMW do it a lot and all of their programs are slightly different but more or less the same in structure.

Yep. Here's a link:

BMW North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by xagenesis View Post
damn iw ant to do that for my next car ahaha
All the Germans do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Immortal
 
magoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ivory Tower
Posts: 23,822
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
           
Interesting. You have to fly Lufthansa air. They're on the expensive side, but it should not be more than twice the ticket price of the more inexpensive airlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSchmonda View Post
I would give Denard a blowjob while I wear my #16 Michigan jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
maybe your the one that's stupid. It's spelt "Canada", not "canadia"
magoo is offline  
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Posts: 1,189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Interesting. You have to fly Lufthansa air. They're on the expensive side, but it should not be more than twice the ticket price of the more inexpensive airlines.
Thats what I want to know, Ill be saving roughly $2,200 so does it make up for the plane ticket over there? I don't mind taking on the minor food/hotel/petrol expense once I am abroad but I don't want to paying $4K for a plane ticket an end up sending more $$.
///Made In is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
european IS Supra_devil General Discussion 11 05-17-2005 12:59 PM
European headlights? BUTRBALL12 IS200 Owner's Forum 10 03-20-2003 09:56 PM
Delivery New IS300 Owner General Discussion 23 04-25-2002 02:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome