Europe’s carmakers show off four-cylinder engines with V8 performance - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Loyalist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Europe’s carmakers show off four-cylinder engines with V8 performance

Quote:
Peugeot, too, has shown off an own advanced engine system. At next week’s Geneva Motor Show the company will display its MCE-5 technology. Displacing just 1.5L, Peugeot’s MCE-5 petrol engine prototype develops a healthy 220hp (164kW) and V8-like 309lb-ft (420Nm) of torque. These results are achieved with a fuel economy of 35mpg (6.7L/100km) and CO2 emissions of just 158g/km.

It doesn’t end there as Peugeot is planning to add direct injection technology to its MCE-5 engine and optimize the combustion chambers. With the addition of these features, Peugeot claims its 1.5L engine will be able to deliver up to 270hp (201kW) and 340lb-ft (460Nm) of torque, while delivering fuel economy of 39mpg (6.0L/100km).
Europe?s carmakers show off four-cylinder engines with V8 performance - [Peugeot MCE-5] - MotorAuthority - Car news, reviews, spy shots

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
2005 Honda VFR800A

2002 MSM 5spd Leather/LSD/Moonroof (SOLD!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 11:31 AM
\/ Awesome \/

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It must redline at like 5k or make peak torque at idle or something. That high a differential with torque being higher than hp is very diesel-esque

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPoop View Post
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Addict

French gov't is becoming even more drastic on Co2 emissions and high miles per gallon returns that they are taxing highly consumer and company to force into the market some new technology.

The idea is not bad but quality will suffer...kinda like the flexifuel technology which are far from environmentally friendly since they need twice as much fossible energy to harvest beat root and sugar cane for the ethanol in the E85 flexifuel.

Don-

"It's not a race it's a rally"...
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Anti-Matter

This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
A sexy White chick can crash my Bimmer (I have insurance on the car anyway) for all I care. <-- Seriously.

Just cum over to my place and realize why I can catch three donuts without my hands. lol
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 PM
\/ Awesome \/

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Great statement my friend....bravo.

Mind if i sig that?

Quote:
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Anti-Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Great statement my friend....bravo.

Mind if i sig that?
Sig away, my ravioli loving amigo.

Quote:
A sexy White chick can crash my Bimmer (I have insurance on the car anyway) for all I care. <-- Seriously.

Just cum over to my place and realize why I can catch three donuts without my hands. lol
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Immortal

Quote:
True... but don't tell me you wouldn't like having a boosted 6.2L Mercedes V8 engine under your hood...

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Your Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
True... but don't tell me you wouldn't like having a boosted 6.2L Mercedes V8 engine under your hood...
of course, who wouldn't?

but efficiency is where it overshadows it.

*just another My.IS AzN*
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:34 PM
Anti-Matter

Aren't the new merc 6.2 liter engines n/a? Either way, I'd give my third nut to drive one of those.....but it would be way more impressive if they could squeeze the same power out of say 4.2 liters and get way better gas milage.

Quote:

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Immortal

Think about it this way... all the gas saved by all the Priuses and other econoboxes in the world will free up gas to be used in other cars like Merc's AMG models.

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Anti-Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
Think about it this way... all the gas saved by all the Priuses and other econoboxes in the world will free up gas to be used in other cars like Merc's AMG models.
I'm not hating on those beutiful beasts by any means. They're perfection.

I think about it this way....the big displacement AMG engines that are available right now are like a finely seasoned milf.

They'll fuck your brains out, and they're fully updated with latest and greatest technology (read: $10,000 boob jobs, labiaplasty and the trendy new personal trainer), but I'd rather take the 19 year old sex kittnen who's gonna go for hours and then want more even though you're on the verge of cardiac arrest.

Both packages will rock your nuts off, but the young slut will just keep getting better and better, while the seasoned milf will just look old in comparison.

Quote:

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Sofa King Awesome

Quote:
I'm not hating on those beutiful beasts by any means. They're perfection.

I think about it this way....the big displacement AMG engines that are available right now are like a finely seasoned milf.

They'll fuck your brains out, and they're fully updated with latest and greatest technology (read: $10,000 boob jobs, labiaplasty and the trendy new personal trainer), but I'd rather take the 19 year old sex kittnen who's gonna go for hours and then want more even though you're on the verge of cardiac arrest.

Both packages will rock your nuts off, but the young slut will just keep getting better and better, while the seasoned milf will just look old in comparison.
Well then call me the cougar hunter.

'10 Solid Red 370Z 6MT Sport
'08 Obsidian IS250 6MT - SOLD -
'04 EBP Acura RSX - SOLD -
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeEss View Post
Well then call me the cougar hunter.
Plus 2 !

I love my new 5.5L v12 twin tubo Merc and it's a savage beast with far better fuel economy than my previous 5.0L N/A v8 !

Don-

"It's not a race it's a rally"...
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Lurker

this car is sick end of story

01' GGP, 90k and running strong, 15% tint, halo headlights, lowered, indash dvd
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Fiend

You can make a go-kart with "V8-Like" performance too. Most cars with big enignes are big cars too with room in the back seat for passengers. My in-laws are not going to fit in the back seat of most cars with 4 and 6 cylinder engines...the ones that they will fit in SURPRISE do not have the performance of a V8. Mind blowing concept

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page