LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Loyalist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contra View Post
umm what mileage are you looking at? i just kbb'd 03 M3 with 130k.. excellent condition private party comes to $12.2k. and there actually is someone selling an 03 with 130k for $12 around here..
^This. A super clean, sub 50K example may go for high twenties, and it may click over into the thirties. A decent example of an E90 will be between mid thirties to low forty, an E92 a bit higher. A clean E46 between 60k and 80 k miles should not be more than $20k unless you are buying of E46F, but those are the same people that thin an E46 330i/ci ZHP is also with 20k still.

Remember, though, the key to buying an e46 M is finding one with good records. I'd take one with over 100k with a proper maintenance history verifable with receipts and records than one with no history with under 60k.

2006 Redline Red Nissan 350Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Made In View Post
Did you miss everything just mentioned?

The e36's are just fine as mentioned before by myself. Ive seen more 36's in better condition than 46s. The 46 Org. owners were first time bmw owners who had no idea of the level of maintenance required for that motor. Where as the e36 motor is much more forgiving. Id go into technical detail but judging from most of the responses, it would just go over your heads.
that's such a general statement with no real merit. how can you say every E46 original owner is a first time bmw owner, that completely has no idea how much maintenance is done? realistically this can be said of every car. but there are cars out there well maintained for every poorly maintained one. and no i dont think they will go for $40k even if well maintained, you would be out of your mind to pay that amount.

edit: also you must have missed my post where i was valuing an E46 with 130k. i dont know what mileage you have in mind where it will be worth $40k but it must be sub 20k miles or something. i did mention the the mileage is going to play a big factor in the price. BMWs dont exactly maintain value that well.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan View Post
^This. A super clean, sub 50K example may go for high twenties, and it may click over into the thirties. A decent example of an E90 will be between mid thirties to low forty, an E92 a bit higher. A clean E46 between 60k and 80 k miles should not be more than $20k unless you are buying of E46F, but those are the same people that thin an E46 330i/ci ZHP is also with 20k still.

Remember, though, the key to buying an e46 M is finding one with good records. I'd take one with over 100k with a proper maintenance history verifable with receipts and records than one with no history with under 60k.
I admitted my estimate for what a E46 is worth was based off 2+ year old research, but I didn't mention that I was looking specifically at low mileage examples, so yeah, I can see that a high mileage E46 would drop below $20k. I'm a sucker for low mileage cars if the price is right.

Some say he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves.

DINAN Silverstone II E92 M3 w/ DCT
Jet Black E92 M3 w/ DCT (Gone)
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsilvor View Post
I admitted my estimate for what a E46 is worth was based off 2+ year old research, but I didn't mention that I was looking specifically at low mileage examples, so yeah, I can see that a high mileage E46 would drop below $20k. I'm a sucker for low mileage cars if the price is right.
True. A good friend of mine just picked up one with 35kish miles for $28k, so it would all come down to willingness to wait and research.

2006 Redline Red Nissan 350Z
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Guru

Any E46 M3 I would want would be in the $25k range. Anything down around $15k I wouldn't touch. Meanwhile you can buy a solid E36 M3 for $10k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page