Ben Collins is the Stig - Page 3 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Technical Poseur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)

really IF he is the driver...they should spread rumors of other drivers being the stig and go from there

Poster, I mean poster. What have I done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Immortal

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
You forget the Stigs fat american cousin.
Don't forget African Stig!

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Immortal

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
really IF he is the driver...they should spread rumors of other drivers being the stig and go from there
They should have an episode where Ben Collins AND Stig are on cam at the same time.

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Übercargeek

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
Don't forget African Stig!

Lewis Hamilton?

Industry Editor, Moderator, All-around Car Nut and the official my.IS Grandpa
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."—Soren Kierkegaard
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Class III Aficionado

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Ben Collins dumped by BBC after being ­unmasked as Top Gear’s The Stig - mirror.co.uk

Quote:
Ben Collins has been dumped by the BBC after being *unmasked as Top Gear’s The Stig – and he has *already been *replaced.

Our exclusive pictures (below) show the new Stig – the show’s “tame racing driver” – in trademark white jumpsuit and crash helmet at a Top Gear Live event at the Nürburgring racing circuit in Germany on *Friday.

Meanwhile, 1,100 miles away, Collins was snapped pushing his daughters Izzy, three, and Scarlett, 18 months, in toy cars near their home in the West *Country.

The replacement Stig – whose identity is *obviously being kept a closely-guarded secret – has been brought in a week after Formula 3 driver Collins’ identity was *revealed amid a High Court battle over his *autobiography.

BBC bosses claim the book – due out on September 16 – is in breach of a *confidentiality agreement which Collins signed, to keep his name a secret.

The BBC insists that keeping The Stig’s identity a mystery is crucial to his *daredevil role as test driver for Top Gear, which is watched by 350million viewers around the world. Publishers HarperCollins hit back, accusing the Beeb of squandering *licence-fee payers’ money on expensive legal *action. But the show’s executive producer Andy Wilman accused HarperCollins of chasing profits to expose a “harmless” TV secret.

Collins – who has worked as a stunt double for James Bond star Daniel Craig – has played the elusive masked driver since 2003.

Clues to his identity were *uncovered in accounts for his company, Collins Auto-Sport, in December the same year. In it were details of income derived from “driving services for the BBC, mainly in the Top Gear *programme”.

A message posted on the official Top Gear website boasts that the Nürburgring event features “some of the World’s greatest precision drivers, as well as Top Gear’s very own tame racing driver – The Stig”.

Asked about the legal row yesterday, ousted Ben Collins said: “I am not allowed to talk about it.”

Last week the show’s original Stig lifted the lid on his life on the show in an *exclusive interview with the Sunday *Mirror.

Former Formula 1 driver Perry McCarthy, 49, said: “At first it was great fun.

“I lost count of the times I would be standing in a bar and some guy would be going, ‘Of course it’s Michael Schumacher.’ I never said anything.”

Vice President and CTO of The A.S.S

“I’m sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch.” - Jezza
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Technical Poseur

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

talk about squandering away a dream job just because you wanted to make a little extra cash. What an idiot.

Poster, I mean poster. What have I done?
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Class III Aficionado

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I agree 100000000000000000000000%

Vice President and CTO of The A.S.S

“I’m sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch.” - Jezza
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 12:04 PM
\/ Awesome \/

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Must have been kinda shady living like that though. I mean he REALLY had to keep it on the DL. He couldn't tell ANYONE about it so I'm sure they all thought he was running drugs or something all those years.

It's such a silly thing too. Think about knowing this guy for so long and knowing his profession was a secret. I bet it seemed so serious all that time and then come to find out he's The Stig? I'd ROFL till I died.

I bet he's got it made in the shade in terms of $$ though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPoop View Post
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page