User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aventador vs LFA vs MP4-12C vs Veyron= WTF

Supercar 1/4 mile Matchup with Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini Aventador, Lexus LFA and McLaren MP4-12C:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carscoop
Bringing together some of the most exclusive and powerful supercars in the world is a challenge well worth the effort.

In this exotic matchup, Automobile magazine assembled four of the fastest carbon-fiber-bodied rides in America to find out which is the king of the quarter mile on an airport runway.

The challengers are the almighty, 16-cylinder Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport, the new V12-powered Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4, the Lexus LFA V10, and the eight-cylinder McLaren MP4-12C.

To see how the race went down, head past the break and watch the video.

I can see why they would match up the MP4 with the LFA, even though the LFA got smoked. But after that, the rest was just idiotic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Exclusive Agent

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

dont really understand the quarter mile race for these cars. who cares? everyone that has a magazine can 1/4 mile race these against each other and see the winner. I would be much more interested to see what happens on a road course which is where these cars were made the be. (with the exception of the veyron)

...........:::::::: Jay Marino ::::::::...............
..... 2005 Lexus ES330 (current beater) ......
.............. 2013 Lexus CT200h (sold) ..........
.......... 2003 GGP SportDesign (sold)...........
.......... 2002 DWP IS300 Turbo (sold)..........
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Technical Poseur

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Im kinda impressed by how well the Aventador kept up with the Veyron. And yeah, lets road course them.
My predictions would be:
McLaren
Lexus
Lamborghini
Bugatti

Poster, I mean poster. What have I done?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMarino View Post
dont really understand the quarter mile race for these cars. who cares? everyone that has a magazine can 1/4 mile race these against each other and see the winner. I would be much more interested to see what happens on a road course which is where these cars were made the be. (with the exception of the veyron)
Straight line or track... LFA still loses...

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Exclusive Agent

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
Straight line or track... LFA still loses...
I'm not pulling for the LFA to beat those vehicles. I'm just wondering why they did a quarter mile race? everyone know's what the numbers are. Why would you test and test and test again when you know what the results are?

They should put them in a dyno competition to see who has the most HP. Gee, I wonder how that would go. Why test information that you already know. That's all I'm saying.

If they were modded, that would be different. Let's take a stock Veyron and run it against a turbocharged LFA. That would be worth watching. You could even dyno test them against each other at that point.

But, stock vs stock don't you know who is going to win?

...........:::::::: Jay Marino ::::::::...............
..... 2005 Lexus ES330 (current beater) ......
.............. 2013 Lexus CT200h (sold) ..........
.......... 2003 GGP SportDesign (sold)...........
.......... 2002 DWP IS300 Turbo (sold)..........
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMarino View Post
I'm not pulling for the LFA to beat those vehicles. I'm just wondering why they did a quarter mile race? everyone know's what the numbers are. Why would you test and test and test again when you know what the results are?

They should put them in a dyno competition to see who has the most HP. Gee, I wonder how that would go. Why test information that you already know. That's all I'm saying.

If they were modded, that would be different. Let's take a stock Veyron and run it against a turbocharged LFA. That would be worth watching. You could even dyno test them against each other at that point.

But, stock vs stock don't you know who is going to win?
Exactly! I do like the comparison between the MP4 vs the LFA and it is reasonable and logical, but i would still prefer a track comparison in a track like Laguna Seca or any other race course that is more suitable for both cars.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Loyalist

why did they run the Veyron with the top off? wouldn't it be even faster if it had the roof on?

I wanted to see them race the Veyron against the LFA, that would have been great to see how wide a margin it spanks it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Guru

As much as everybody would like to see these cars race at the track, let's be real. These cars were on loan for one day, without a track and professional drivers. It was worth a quick view.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Immortal

I also heard that Lexus didn't want media to lap the LFA. Probably because of how few cars there are and they don't want it to get damaged.

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Country Boostin

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I dont see the purpose of 1/4 mile with these cars under any circumstances. There is probably cars on this site that could outrun any of these cars in the 1/4 mile for a super small fraction of the cost. The enjoyment of a supercar is getting on a track and seeing what happens in the corners. Anyone can build a fast ass 1/4 mile car lets see them go at somewhere like Laguna Seca

©2006 my.IS
01 ASP IS300
14 Cadillac CTS-V
07 C6 Z06
97 Supra tt 6 speed
Forced Induction Facts *READ THEM* Its some good stuff!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Deity

So you're telling me a car with 550hp is slower than a car with 600hp, and a car with 600hp is slower than a car with 700hp and a car with 700hp is slower than a car with 1,000hp? ... that's amazing. I could have told you the results of this comparo myself without watching the video. It's mind boggling how these fucking idiots stay in business.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.

2010 Audi A5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page