535i nipping at the heels of the 550i... - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Immortal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

535i nipping at the heels of the 550i...

The 535i is now on BMW's Canada website and according to the performance specs, it's only 3 tenths of a second slower than the 550i to 100 km/h... Do a simple software flash to that 535i and all that extra dough for the 550 is merely for your ego...
Eric...

535i

550i

www.bmw.ca/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Patriot

Or, it could be that one prefers N/A over FI. I am a big fan of N/A myself. Anyway, I can not get over the price of a 5 series BMW. And I see soooo many of them around. Just makes me wonder how people afford all this ish...
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdown View Post
Or, it could be that one prefers N/A over FI. I am a big fan of N/A myself. Anyway, I can not get over the price of a 5 series BMW. And I see soooo many of them around. Just makes me wonder how people afford all this ish...

again, it's a Canadian website and the price is in Canadian Dollars... The current 530i is BMW's best selling 5-series in North America and it's a wimp compared to the late 545i and current 550. The new twin turbocharged powerplant make the 535 to be even a more compelling choice over the 550...
Eric...
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricK View Post
again, it's a Canadian website and the price is in Canadian Dollars... The current 530i is BMW's best selling 5-series in North America and it's a wimp compared to the late 545i and current 550. The new twin turbocharged powerplant make the 535 to be even a more compelling choice over the 550...
Eric...
I know it was Canadian. Still, those shits are expensive here too. And I agree that the greater value is in the TT powerplant.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Guru

In time and development, the 535i will be nipping at the heels of the M5.

Likewise, the 335i and the V8 M3. These engines are hauling with basic chips. I'd wouldn't be shocked if larger turbos or even larger compressor/turbine wheels on the stock turbos + full exhaust system could push into 500 bhp.

Alex

2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 6-Speed, mods o'plenty.

ARD GT28RS HTA 68mm 2.7T Twin Turbo
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Follower

For 2008, it looks like BMW used the M5 bodykit on the 550. That's gotta be worth the extra dough, eh?
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Guru

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Hata View Post
For 2008, it looks like BMW used the M5 bodykit on the 550. That's gotta be worth the extra dough, eh?
Its an option.

Quote:
"He is not gay, he's married"

"Oh please! Its right up there with 'He's not gay, he is in a fraternity'"
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdown View Post
Anyway, I can not get over the price of a 5 series BMW. And I see soooo many of them around. Just makes me wonder how people afford all this ish...
You must have a real issue getting over the price of a 7 or LS then.

I went out to dinner last night and saw 2 new LS460Ls parked right across the street from each other. Lexus are sooo popular down here in gods waiting room.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraxyKanuck View Post

I went out to dinner last night and saw 2 new LS460Ls parked right across the street from each other. Lexus are sooo popular down here in gods waiting room.
Lexus LSs (the new ones) are also becoming increasingly popular here in NY. S classes and 7s are a dime a dozen here, so it's refreshing to see A8s and LSs around.

I'm not a huge fan of the new 5 series, but with the new turbocharged engine and the classic BMW handling, I'm sure it's best in class in terms of performance. My pick, however, would be the GS350.

Last edited by hasanazhar; 05-10-2007 at 11:04 AM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Deity

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricK View Post
Eric...
I'd like to drive the 535, after getting to drive the 550 yesterday at the BMW Drive for the cure. That engine felt so strong! And the car much more nimble than I thought it would. Made the 650 feel like a bit of a boat. Rightfully so, considering layoug and weight, but I was still surprised.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Guru

Quote:

There is another reason aside from the smooth ride and relative value. Many older jews would not touch MB and BMW because of WW2.

Quote:

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD001 View Post
There is another reason aside from the smooth ride and relative value. Many older jews would not touch MB and BMW because of WW2.
I can't drive a mile without seeing at least a couple LS or ES here. That reasoning, although I've never personally met anybody that believed that it happened in a Seinfeld episode where George's parents bought a Cadillac because his mom would not ride in a German car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanazhar View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the new 5 series, but with the new turbocharged engine and the classic BMW handling, I'm sure it's best in class in terms of performance. My pick, however, would be the GS350.
Shocking...fer serious.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Deity

Quote:
I can't drive a mile without seeing at least a couple LS or ES here. That reasoning, although I've never personally met anybody that believed that it happened in a Seinfeld episode where George's parents bought a Cadillac because his mom would not ride in a German car.

Shocking...fer serious.
Let me guess you would take the 535i?

Don't worry I prob would to but its pretty ugly.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.

2010 Audi A5.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD001 View Post
I always find that amusing when I hear a Jew say that... it's not like it's the same company that made military related stuff for the Nazi's. You think the reason Mitsubishi isn't doing better is because some Americans are boycotting them since they made the planes that attacked Pearl Harbour?

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
I always find that amusing when I hear a Jew say that... it's not like it's the same company that made military related stuff for the Nazi's. You think the reason Mitsubishi isn't doing better is because some Americans are boycotting them since they made the planes that attacked Pearl Harbour?
I am just telling you what i have learned. Plenty of jews are happy driving BMWs and MBs and Audis.

The truth is i find it funny that some jews would forsake BMW but get a Lincoln, given the fact that Henry Ford is an unrepentant Antisemite. Ford got a medal from Hitler and he never gave it back even after the war started, and he has openly stated that jews is "the world's foremost problem".

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page