LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Immortal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onstar
dam man great insight. how did you find out about this; i mean wheres your source. I would like to learn more about that whole France and NATO fiasco.

and btw, Alsace is really in germeny, not france. they just weaseled their in.
Alsace-Lorain (sp?) is/was part of France, its one of the biggest disputes between those two countries, but I'm not going to get all specific on history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSchmonda View Post
I would give Denard a blowjob while I wear my #16 Michigan jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
maybe your the one that's stupid. It's spelt "Canada", not "canadia"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Addict

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
dam man great insight. how did you find out about this; i mean wheres your source. I would like to learn more about that whole France and NATO fiasco.

and btw, Alsace is really in germeny, not france. they just weaseled their in.
Onstar,

I will only answer you with the following advice: use your public library! You may find some useful things called books about "the World" around you". And when I say WORLD, I don't mean Mexico or Canada. Also, knowing your ABC would be a good starting point as well. I'll even tutor you...see I am a great guy!

Now, as Magoo rightly pointed out, Alsace is definitelly part of France and the cause of the major dispute between Germany (or should I say Prussia) and the Republique of France before WWI erupted, it is called the Franco-Prussian war of 1889. <side note: look under the Habsburg dinasty or the IV Republic of France, once ABC has been learned of course>.

Furthermore, my sources are coming from my "general culture" something you may not be familiar with. Yes, I went to school, as this might come to a surpirse to you! And, yes I do remember what was taught in class.

By the way, while studying and living in France for many years, the only anti-American sentiments that existed were towards people of your kind, and Onstar, this kind would be the IGNORANT type.

Quote:
I dont hate the guy, just france.
As Jules Verne once said: "Travel broaden the mind" and you should really try it before judging a country or its culture when you clearly have no clue about France, its history, or its heritage.

Yours truly,

Don.

"It's not a race it's a rally"...
post #78 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

Vive la France!

C'est tout.
post #79 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Under House Arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Corleone
Onstar,

I will only answer you with the following advice: use your public library! You may find some useful things called books about "the World" around you". And when I say WORLD, I don't mean Mexico or Canada. Also, knowing your ABC would be a good starting point as well. I'll even tutor you...see I am a great guy!

Now, as Magoo rightly pointed out, Alsace is definitelly part of France and the cause of the major dispute between Germany (or should I say Prussia) and the Republique of France before WWI erupted, it is called the Franco-Prussian war of 1889. <side note: look under the Habsburg dinasty or the IV Republic of France, once ABC has been learned of course>.

Furthermore, my sources are coming from my "general culture" something you may not be familiar with. Yes, I went to school, as this might come to a surpirse to you! And, yes I do remember what was taught in class.

By the way, while studying and living in France for many years, the only anti-American sentiments that existed were towards people of your kind, and Onstar, this kind would be the IGNORANT type.

As Jules Verne once said: "Travel broaden the mind" and you should really try it before judging a country or its culture when you clearly have no clue about France, its history, or its heritage.

Yours truly,

Don.
always thought the common culture in Alsace and Lorainnie where more Germanic. oh well

France would be a lovely place to visit.. in 1941. wish i could build a time machine. and btw, i just wanted some insight in de gaulle. if you want to be a stingy wannabe intellectual snob, then fine.
post #80 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Guru

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxaltezza
seriously, wow..GTi dont even belong on this list...where is the MOTHER FREAKN DELOREAN!!!!! MY GOD...and wtf is an austin mini?! wow...who else disagrees with this list.... -____-

-aaron

You are ULTRA Igonorant if you cant appreciate the Austin and GTi.

Delorean was a collector car.. it wasnt really a GREAT car.

Other cars I expected to see was the Classic US muscle cars like the Pontiac GTO or the Camaro SS, and Toyota Crown SuperSaloon (non-US obviously). Either way very nice list.

I am glad the Lambo SUV (from GI-Joe cartoon), 1st gen Civic, and Morris made the list... those cars are sooo pimp in person when restored.
post #81 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Jew

I think the list made alot of mistakes, but it certainly got alot of things right.

I think that the Vette being number 54 is very incorrect. I mean, sure, it doesn't have the racing pedigree that makes up most of the top 10 in the list, but it definetely deserves to be there. I mean, WTF mate? It's a fuggin' Vette.

And the Viper? Please. It's ahead of the Vette? An inefficient, impractical, chest of droors that was designed in a barn and made of old boat panels is ahead of the Vette? You have got to be kidding me.

And the McLaren F1 being the #1 car on the list is stupid. Nobody can have one, they cost a million plus - and they really aren't worth it. It tracks slower than a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stardale (we're talking Nurburgring here... hope I spelled that right), oversteers so heavily around corners that you have to be Michael Schumacher in order make the thing perform as is should. And according to every professional that has ever road tested the thing, the shifter feels like it was lifted out of a 74 CJ5. All that, and it costs a million dollars?

IMO, the best car of all time:

1954 Mercedes 300sl gullwing. The first true supercar... ever. And it's number 43 on the damn list. Blasphemy!

Well, obviously you're not a golfer.
post #82 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300included

IMO, the best car of all time:

1954 Mercedes 300sl gullwing. The first true supercar... ever. And it's number 43 on the damn list. Blasphemy!
In deed, a superbe car. Number 2 on my personal list right behind the Bugatti Royale.

I think the list could be argued from many points of you view, but it's still not too far from what most car anthusiasts would agree all around the globe.

I just wish they had a Road Runner, one of my favorite american muscle

Don.

"It's not a race it's a rally"...
post #83 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Jew

Quote:
But toyota as most Japanese brands emerged in the early 80's
Hey Don. I know you didn't mean to say this in this way. Cause there's no way that you are this wrong.

All I have to say is, 1964 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40.

And another thing I wish had a stronger presence on the list - the Toyota 4x4 pickups. The 1985 Toyota 4wd pickup with the 22-re engine is one of the most indestructible vehicles ever made - if you can get a hold of a Hi-Lux diesel though, there's NOTHING that can kill it ("Top Gear" buried one in the ocean, set it on fire, slammed it into an oak tree, dropped a camper trailer on it from 40 feet, dropped the truck itself from a crane 20 feet up, and put it on top of a 240 foot building, and then blew up the building. No luck - the Hi-Lux still ran.

That is a car.

Last edited by IS300included; 04-28-2005 at 09:44 PM.
post #84 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by therotman
I just noticed the Focus-They must not be looking that the US model
The Focus is on the list, rightfully. It's because of Europe though. The Focus, in Europe, has taken over the hatchback market. The thing outsells, the GTI, the Mini, the Clio, and Astra (the king of Euro-hatches). The car is perfect for Europe, and that is why it's on the list.

post #85 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Altruist

Just realized the latest Caterham (No.25 on the list), the CSR 260, can hit 60 in 3.1 seconds. Further slight modding should bring it into the 2-second range, which is Formula 1 territory.

Imagine taking this quirky Brit to a track day.

post #86 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Under House Arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300included
The Focus is on the list, rightfully. It's because of Europe though. The Focus, in Europe, has taken over the hatchback market. The thing outsells, the GTI, the Mini, the Clio, and Astra (the king of Euro-hatches). The car is perfect for Europe, and that is why it's on the list.

wow, a ford taken over something and in a foregin market? how that happen

and whats so good about the focus

Last edited by onstar; 04-28-2005 at 01:44 AM.
post #87 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 06:00 AM
Black Hole

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkis
Just realized the latest Caterham (No.25 on the list), the CSR 260, can hit 60 in 3.1 seconds. Further slight modding should bring it into the 2-second range, which is Formula 1 territory.

Imagine taking this quirky Brit to a track day.

The Caterham is a great little car, but the mods required to put down the power to get it much faster defeat the purpose of the car. A Caterham with 400hp and 13" wide drag tires may as well just be a hopped-up chevy vega.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page