CompuStar installer/dealer in SoCal. (san diego) - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

CompuStar installer/dealer in SoCal. (san diego)

does anyone know of a CompuStar Installer/Dealer in the SoCal area? (preferably San Diego) .... I'm looking for someone who is knowledgable (sp.?) with the system, and has installed it in and IS300 before.

TIA

///Rice-R

JDM Splashguards Yo!
HellaSunken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Loyalist

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sounds unlimited in glendale. they did my PS2 installation, and while i was there, i saw them install a compustar system on a ferrari! and they definitely knew what they were doing. their installation price is a lil more expensive thou...something like $350
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2003, 05:00 PM
dut
Extremist

Re: CompuStar installer/dealer in SoCal. (san diego)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraze8
does anyone know of a CompuStar Installer/Dealer in the SoCal area? (preferably San Diego) .... I'm looking for someone who is knowledgable (sp.?) with the system, and has installed it in and IS300 before.

TIA
- I asked before and LISNUP65 responded with some places... the information is at home (im at work)
- I believe it was san diego stereo outlet?

EDIT: found it... http://is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php...ight=compustar

San Diego Audio Stereo Outlet
858-581-2434

Cars: Current cars - Lifted Titan + Civic w/Nav (commuter) | REAL EK9 - Civic Type R (sold)| Civic HB [ek/ej6] (sold) | E46 M3 (sold) | S2000 (sold) | IS300 (sold) | Bagged Tacoma (sold) | Integra GSR (sold) | Civic HB [eg/[email protected]] (sold) | Celica [beater] (sold) | Civic HB [eg] (totalled) | CRX [b16 powered] (sold) | '58 bug (sold)
Bikes: Current - YFZ450 | CBR1000 (stolen) | GSXR 1000 (totalled) | GSXR 750 (stolen) | YSR50 (sold)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Guru

Dut, have you ever been to San Diego Audio Stereo Outlet? something about the word "outlet" makes me a little uneasy about getting anything there.

Wilz... where exactly is Sounds Unlimited?? $350 sounds like a pretty good price.

I'm not looking for remote start on my car though.. I use to have it, and I didn't really use it much on my previous car.

///Rice-R

JDM Splashguards Yo!
HellaSunken.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 03:27 PM
ev
Frequenter

Quote:
Dut, have you ever been to San Diego Audio Stereo Outlet? something about the word "outlet" makes me a little uneasy about getting anything there.

Wilz... where exactly is Sounds Unlimited?? $350 sounds like a pretty good price.

I'm not looking for remote start on my car though.. I use to have it, and I didn't really use it much on my previous car.
that's were i got mine installed (Sounds unlimited)... i opted not to get the remote start installed yet and they charged me $150 for just the alarm. They're in Glendale on Brand... a bit of a drive from san diego, but they do good work and i know they've worked on more than a few ISs.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev
Quote:

that's were i got mine installed (Sounds unlimited)... i opted not to get the remote start installed yet and they charged me $150 for just the alarm. They're in Glendale on Brand... a bit of a drive from san diego, but they do good work and i know they've worked on more than a few ISs.
$150 bucks on the alarm only? are you sure you got the Compustar? is it the one with the LCD paging remote?

It's quite a bit of a drive, but I'm willing to drive if I know I will be getting a quality install. I pretty anal about my car, and i don't really like people working on my car.

I use to do Alarm/stereo installs at a shop, but I've been lazy and decided to just pay someone else to install it for me.

///Rice-R

JDM Splashguards Yo!
HellaSunken.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Loyalist

709 S Brand Blvd
Glendale, CA
(818) 547-1300

they'll know me if you mention the IS that got a PS2 install on stock navi.
they're normal price is $350 for alarm with remote start, which is higher than other places i've asked (i found one as low as $150). and like ev said, its probably only $150 if you just want the alarm. but their work is definitly worth the price.

oh and i think you're thinking that the price is including the alarm...all the prices listed in this thread have been install only...the alarm can be purchased from linsup for cheap thou
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Guru

wait, they don't carry the alarm there? I'd have to supply my own? I might as welll install it myself if I get the alarm from Lisnup

///Rice-R

JDM Splashguards Yo!
HellaSunken.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Loyalist

Quote:
wait, they don't carry the alarm there? I'd have to supply my own? I might as welll install it myself if I get the alarm from Lisnup
they do...just that it'll probably cost you more...i got the 2WSS-AS from lisnup for a lil over $400 or something. at most shops, they sell the unit for at least $500 usually more like $600. and lisnup will give you the remote pre-programmed to save the hassle. if you're confident you should just do it yourself, only thing is that if you install it yourself, the warranty on the alarm is void.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiLz
Quote:
they do...just that it'll probably cost you more...i got the 2WSS-AS from lisnup for a lil over $400 or something. at most shops, they sell the unit for at least $500 usually more like $600. and lisnup will give you the remote pre-programmed to save the hassle. if you're confident you should just do it yourself, only thing is that if you install it yourself, the warranty on the alarm is void.
Oh, ok I see what you are talking about now. I thought they didn't carry the alarm, and they just do the install. i was about to say that they weren't authorized dealers.

I'm pretty confident I can install the alarm myself, since I use to do installs anyways. The only problem is, I don't have the wiring diagrams for our cars, so it's gonna take a little time.

the other problems is that I'm lazy.

///Rice-R

JDM Splashguards Yo!
HellaSunken.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Useless

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiLz
Quote:
Oh, ok I see what you are talking about now. I thought they didn't carry the alarm, and they just do the install. i was about to say that they weren't authorized dealers.

I'm pretty confident I can install the alarm myself, since I use to do installs anyways. The only problem is, I don't have the wiring diagrams for our cars, so it's gonna take a little time.

the other problems is that I'm lazy.
I preprogram for you and I will provide a wire diagram if needed. :D

"Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason."
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Aficionado

I have been very impressed with the alarm so far. I feel very confident with the security it provides. The distance is rediculous. I'll mess around with the remote in the office and my friends are like wtf, it reaches that far? The paging is awesome too. The blue LED is crazy too. At night in a dark environment, it's like a light tower blinking in your car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page