Salvage title Sportcross - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Salvage title Sportcross

Hello Sportcross fans, I joined this forum a few years ago but haven't been on in a while. Lately I've been on the lookout for a fixer upper Sportcross, something I can get into affordably and fix up over time. What's interesting to me is how many of these cars are out there with Salvage/Rebuilt titles. It seems like the majority of Sportcross cars I see for sale have a salvage title, but rarely does the asking price reflect it. And I wouldn't be entirely opposed to buying a car with a salvage title, if the price were right, but it seems the asking prices for salvage title cars are right up with clean title cars in most cases. I don't know, just an observation I've made, thought I'd share it.
I really enjoy the Sportcross roll call, you guys have some beautiful cars.
-g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

You are exactly right, lots of salvaged cars out there, and often times sellers are asking more than clean title blue book value. Sportcross owners are usually aware how rare the car is, and want well above book value for them. I made several offers $2000 above blue book and sellers wouldn't budge on price. There recently was a nice looking sportcross for sale at a Toyota dealer for $3000, needless to say it sold quick but occasionally those deals pop up.

Keep looking, eventually the right one will come along.

13 J8A FR-S Series 10
02 CW Sportcross rebuild in progress
02 BO Sportcross 2jzgte build in progress
11 SW Tundra DC TRD supercharged

02 MSM L-tuned Sportcross 5 Speed Sold
01 DWP IS300 Sold

Sportcross owners group on facebook

My Story: https://my.is/forums/f219/sportcross-...8/#post7991882

My For Sale: https://my.is/forums/f99/sportcross-s...hifter-438917/
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage
The salvage titles being listed for almost the same price extends to sedans as well, I'm not sure why these cars get totaled out so easily.
I mean, they can't be THAT expensive to fix, can they?

2002 Intensa Blue Pearl SportCross - 170K miles

Lexus Sportcross and Altezza Gita Facebook Owners Group

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

From my experience looking for new replacement parts, yes, they can be expensive to fix - if you can even find the expensive parts. And based on what I just paid to get full coverage on it until I give it up, my insurance company thinks so too.

I overpaid for mine, I think anyway, but I've noticed that prices are all over the place. I saw one recently with similar miles to mine in a lot better condition for a lot less than I've got into it. But then I see some with way more miles for way more money than I would feel comfortable asking for mine.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It hadn't occurred to me that high cost of repairs could be the cause of so many salvage title cars, I suppose that makes sense. Good to know there are some deals out there. I missed an opportunity to buy a red one a while back for $2800, it would have been perfect, and red is my favorite color in these cars.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 06:28 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

got mine repainted on one side after one hit and run

was 3000$ cad for the paint and labour... I paid the car 4200cad a year ago (with salvage title)
so yeah if you have to replace parts like bumpers, rear door, hatch, taillights, that are sportcross specificthe bill can goes up pretty fast
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2015, 07:18 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 49 Post(s)

you'd be surprised. Bluebook value is 6-8k on most of them with over 100k miles. a front end collision easily costs that much to fix when you add up parts, labor, paint.

2004 IS300 Eshift
BRZ 4.1 LSD - 18x8.5 Evo X Enkei's - Koni
- Tein - Stoptech - EBC - Tanabe
Thread: https://my.is/forums/f219/tvl3rds-2004-is300-565586/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > SportCross Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page