Lexus IS Forum banner

OEM roof rack from MyAutoFashion

15K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  ndsl20 
#1 · (Edited)
It's not everybody's cup of tea, but I go boarding in the winter alot and plan on getting a bike this summer, so i bought the OEM roof rack from MyAutoFashion. Nice japanese lady kept me updated though out the 2 months that it was being transported from japan. She kept it in her warehouse for another month until i finally picked it up. Than I had it in my garage for another month and now it's finally on. They couldn't get the GGP cuz she say it's out of production, so I got the black instead. It came out okay, give it a bit of a 2 tone look which matches the stumpy JDM antenna and the wind visor. Took about 1 hour to install which was less time than I anticipated.

Here's some pic:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks!

Awesome!!!! Does the roof rack come with the "cross members" for lack of a better term? How difficult was the install?
No cross bars, have to either get the Thule or Yakima for that. Install was very straight forward. The hardest part was cutting the rubber molding, because u have to reuse your existing ones, other than than, it's a snap. Took me n a friend about 1 hour to do it.

#9 ·
Nice. I'm usually not a fan of roof racks, but that looks pretty tight.

Definitely added to the uniqueness of your ride. I think I have only seen (on the boards that is) one other US Based SportCross with the JDM racks.

Did you get them for looks or for function, or for the mad tyte JDM factor?

#11 ·
Well... a little of both, I know I wanted a roofrack but i've heard that the thule/yakima's clamp will rust the paint. So I decide to go with the JDM. I figure i pay a bit more for the styling and save the paint.

was the rack really 770.00? man i want it, but need rims first!
Yup, but i went and will call so save on shipping and the lady cut me a deal along with a couple more JDM parts ;)

#14 ·
Went biking this weekend, uploaded more photos with the Inno Bike Rack... I decided to go with INNO to stay within the JDM look and the crossbar actually looks alot better those ugly looking yakima/thule, plus the inno are more adjustable and comes with the keylock where the others you need to buy the keys and core seperately.

#15 ·
that looks pimp with the bikes on it! and its funny how are cars look almost identical! but i want your grill!!!! im still looking for one

#16 ·
Tks! Yeah, we do kinda look alike. I see a couple of these grills for sale in the FS section every now and then... I picked up mine from a member here. But the really kick a$$ one is the gunmental front grill... I saw that at myautofashion, but they were asking $250 for it... ouch...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.