Everyone die? - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

@Sway: yeah man whats up? The paint on my car is starting to flake, and it makes me feel bad every time I take it out on a grocery run. I want to store her and save up to start restoring it since it's creeping on 200,000 miles on the clock. It was the last car my grandfather drove before he passed and my uncle sold it to me, so it's staying with me for life and I want to make sure it lasts that long.

And I have my sights set on an XRS. The Honda will get stolen or broken into at some point, the Scion is too small for me, and my brother would disown me if I bought a MazdaSpeed3 since he owns one lol. Plus I want dat 2zz scream: http://youtu.be/ak6RSz8JY1c

'06 Indigo Ink Pearl Corolla XRS
'02 Absolutely Red Sportcross
Currently equipped:Joe-Z intake,
Hotchkis rear and front Sway bars, Tokico HP Shocks, Altezza Gita Visors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Guru

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm still alive, just had the waggy detailed and it is lookine good. Need to replace my tokicos they have givn up the ghost, and get my rear bumper repainted and it will be as good a new!

SPORTCROSS 4 LIFE!

I coalesce the vapor of human experience into a viable and logical comprehenshion.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbound View Post
@Sway: yeah man whats up? The paint on my car is starting to flake, and it makes me feel bad every time I take it out on a grocery run. I want to store her and save up to start restoring it since it's creeping on 200,000 miles on the clock. It was the last car my grandfather drove before he passed and my uncle sold it to me, so it's staying with me for life and I want to make sure it lasts that long.

And I have my sights set on an XRS. The Honda will get stolen or broken into at some point, the Scion is too small for me, and my brother would disown me if I bought a MazdaSpeed3 since he owns one lol. Plus I want dat 2zz scream: Hitting Lift - Corolla XRS 15-90mph - YouTube
Damn, sucks about the paint and Damn again, 200k! Nice, good to hear you wanna keep it for as long as you can.

Let us know if you get that XRS, can't go wrong with one for sure. I've been good....actually been doing a lot of stuff to my Sportcross again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squareback View Post
I'm still alive, just had the waggy detailed and it is lookine good. Need to replace my tokicos they have givn up the ghost, and get my rear bumper repainted and it will be as good a new!
Post pics son!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squareback View Post
SPORTCROSS 4 LIFE!

2005 MSM Sportcross: 4/10/09-12/4/13-Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 VW Sportwagen TDI SOLD
2014 Subaru Forester XT SOLD
2007 Saab 9-5 Sportcombi Aero SOLD
2015 VW Tiguan
1998 Lexus LX470

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Follower

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Garage
My SportCross was just at Toyota for a balljoint replacement last week. Now, the horrible squeaking while turning is gone, but the wheel has started shaking violently when driving over 70 km/h (43.5 mph) or while braking..

Also, I found out that the brake shield on my front right side was completely rusty and hanging loose/rubbing on the disc, so I tore that off. Anyone know if a replacement is expensive? I'm guessing it's a simply DIY-job to get it on there, at least

- 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid
- 2003 IS200 SportCross MSM (sold)
- 1996 1.3L Corolla hatchback (E10) (sold)
----------------------------------------------
Tom you can't knit at these speeds! Nobody can!
DON'T BE A GODDAMNED HERO TOM!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Follower

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Garage
Oh, also, pictures were requested, so here is my SportCross from a month ago, when I got my rear brake pads replaced:

And here is a huge pelton-runner (I work as an engineer with hydroelecric power and just came back from a course in hydraulics in Switzerland):

- 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid
- 2003 IS200 SportCross MSM (sold)
- 1996 1.3L Corolla hatchback (E10) (sold)
----------------------------------------------
Tom you can't knit at these speeds! Nobody can!
DON'T BE A GODDAMNED HERO TOM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > SportCross Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page