LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Bad business with www.carbodykitstore.com

Hi mates,

I have to tell you some story about my business in past with Car Body Kits | Front & Rear Bumpers | Side Skirts and then you can think a little if you would like to do business with them, especially what is meant about international orders....

It was August 2012 when I took my decision to find some parts for my Lexus IS300, one reason was "weight reduction" second was "look more race style".
So in begin of Sept 2012 I got some offer including shipping to my door in Austria/Europe, I ordered and sent money.

In begin of October I had some drift challenge and I damaged my front bumper.
So there were reasons enough finally to get new body parts.
.....and so I entered the hell of business.

In mid of September I asked there about the shipping status and I got answer "the parts got shipped out".
OK so far, but I wanted to get some tracking number or any other information to see about arrival, but nothing than useless answers!

September left and nothing new. I got a little bit nervous and started to get little annoying on them, since my money was out and no news.

October started already as I didn't receive any newer informations, but made already some pressure on them.

They gave me some stupid number from "Pilot Freight Services" company who told me as answer:
"We have looked into your inquiry and were unable to locate your shipment with the tracking number 20988-1"
??????????
Answer from carbodykitstore:
"We don't know about your parts, we didn't receive any informations, but we will send out new parts!"
WTF....

Then they gave me information that the new parts got shipped via "GrileyAir", but again I didn't get any tracking number, or any information about the shipping status, WTF again!?!?

Well now October left, half of November left, many emails went there and back and bla bla bla.....
BUT NEVER..... NEVER I received any information about the shipping status!!
Useless answers all the time like: "Yes should be there soon...." but without approx. date or details....

I did some phone calls to them and they couldn't tell me and ensured me items will arrive, they are serious company and it is not scam and blablabla, ok I accepted and believed.

But items didn't arrive until end of November!!!!
So we had been f*cking around for about 3 months!!!

Items finally arrived in Austria at about end of November and a shipping company "Cargo Partners" in AUT called me and asked if the shipping is already paid to my door?
I told them "of course, I paid everything according to my offer and please send packages to me".

In some later moment they shipped to my hometown and informed me that shipping was not paid door-to-door, than just to Vienna and sent me an additional invoice including tax, custom and additional shipping of 839,00!!!! WHAT THE HELL......

I had two options:
1.) I pay and finally get my parts
2.) I send all the shit back and get risk to loose my paid money and nothing in the end

I paid and took my parts after almost 4 months!

After this I got very angry and mentioned this to the Car Body Kits | Front & Rear Bumpers | Side Skirts shop and they told me they will get in touch with the shipping company to get back some kind of compensation for me, since this extra amount of shipping is ridiculous.
Never heard again from them any more! Nice one, thank you!

All in all:

What I want to tell you in the end, I feel scammed and cheated and I am very very disappointed how (?serious?) online shops are handling their customers!!???
Almost 4 months left, all the parts with a raw value of about 1.200$ costed me finally over 2.000 (~2.500$) to receive them at home.

Very bad communication, not even one useful answer about shipping status when I asked about, very bad organisation with shipping services and showing up that the customer is nothing worth any more after sending payment!! like... "Please pay now and then lick my ass!"

Further more I have to mention that you really have to take care with shipping companies!!!
Some services are nothing than awful, high costs for low service!!

For future business you should receive an official offer from the company you are doing business with, including shipping charge to your door!
This is valid!
So if some shipping companies come up to you and ask stupid questions you can show them black on white what's up and what you have paid!

I can just warn you of doing business with companies like those, not to say better to sign written contracts with them, SO TAKE CARE!

Click Link to... .
My Project II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 05:40 AM
Aficionado

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

gonna need you to convert to US dollars

2001 IS300 GGP Auto with LSD
JoeZ Intake w/ K&N Air Filter
Hotchkis Front/Rear Sways with Figs rear endlinks
BC Racing Coilovers Dezod Brake lines JVC Head Unit
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega05 View Post
gonna need you to convert to us dollars
1 = 1,30$

Click Link to... .
My Project II

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my story on how carbodykitstore.com owner: David, ROBBED me.

In mid-February, the body kit was delivered to Maaco of Concord, then I contacted the seller of carbodykitstore.com, who's name is David, regard a defective kit. David suggested that I go with another body shop since Maaco stated that the body kit is bad. On February 20th, I text David some photos of the defected kit. I can provide screen-shots of these text messages if needed. Afterward, David referred me to a body shop for an estimate on the kit installation. The shop that was suggested by David also stated that it wasn't a good body kit and he would charged $300+ per piece to re-tune the kit and then install them on my car. I didn't want pay over $1200 to install a $516 body kit. David suggested an exchange for another kit but I told him I would prefer a refund and not deal with this mess any longer. David said he'll waived the re-stocking fee but I have to pay for the return shipment.
David wants some time to talk to the manufacturer about the situation to see if they have any warranty coverage. Finally on March 4th, David email me through his gmail not Amazon, a return instruction with a RA#.
David suggested Greyhound shipping since it's more economical for me. On 03/11/15 I used Greyhound shipping service to return the item. Amount paid is $113.40.
On 03/27/15, I called and texted David for the estimated time of refund, but David hasn't received the return shipment. David suggested that I called Greyhound package express at 213-629-8420. I contacted Greyhound express and they advised me that they only ship from station to station and it would cost an additional $45 to have the item shipped to Eggleton INC in Fullerton, California. From Fullerton to Greyhound station is about 35-40 minutes, and David said he would pick up the item for me as a courtesy. I shouldn't have been so naived but he told me to shipped it back to a different business name.
On 04/07/15, David stated that he needs some time to have one of his guys go pick up the package. On 04/13/15, David still hasn't got a chance to pick up the package but he said he will do it at the end of the week. On 04/16/15 I texted David for an update of the pick-up but he stated that it's been a busy week, and he will get to it no later than next Friday. On 04/24/15, he stated that "someone will pick up the package today" and he'll update me right after. I didn't hear from him. I texted him on April 26th, but didn't get a respond. I've tried to reach him on Monday the 27th, but he didn't pick up. Then I tried to reach him on the business line instead of his cell phone, and the receptionist said he's busy and he'll call me back by end of business day. I didn't get a call. I tried to call and text him the next day, 04/28/15, David stated he's at a doctor's appointment and would call me back. I got a call back but he didn't pick up when I tried to return the missed call.
On 04/29/15, I tried to call and text David multiple times, but I didn't get a respond the whole day. I decided to contact Amazon in hope that this would help me get my money back and resolve this issued. Within a couple minutes after my claim, David contacted me about his concerns. He said that he thought we're working things out, and doesn't understand why I put in a claim. I told him that I noticed the deadline for any claims is within 90 days and this issued has been way longer than I expected. Also, the fact that I couldn't get a hold of him or even a return phone call makes me worried, so I filed a claim. David stated that he will not pick up the package unless I close out my claim. I spoke with a Amazon claims rep and they suggested to keep the claim open to protect my interest. I told David I can't close the claim until my refund has been processed. David stated that he'll pick up the package by end of next week, which is 05/08/15. I just want this nightmare to end.
On 05/08/15, I haven't heard from David nor did he responses to any of my text message. On 05/09/2015, David texted back and said Greyhound destroyed the package. David suggested that I take down all the bad reviews online and he'll file a claim to Greyhound to get my money back through insurance I purchased on the shipment. Again, being naived, I believed him.
Before I took the reviews off, I called Greyhound to verify and they said the package had been picked up on 04/06/2015. Enough said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Dealers and Pricing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page