02 IS Manual value - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
02 IS Manual value

I have an IS300 black on black MANUAL with 130k miles - I need help pricing my car. every thing out there is for auto trans and I know the manual are much more valuable just not sure how much more. I have not modded it out. just an act clutch with upgraded flywheel and KN air filter.
I am also in Kansas City.
Here is the bad.
she has minor hail damage
it was hit in the passenger side front and driver side rear. both have repaired.
bumper damage and small fender repair.
I would put the exterior at a 5 out of ten, but everything 17 years old will show age.
has the normal 02 sensor codes
sticky dash
aluminum stock rims with pitting

The Good
timing belt was one in 2016
no rips in the interior, everything works like it should
airbags have never gone off
she still gets up and moves.
I just replace front rotor, brakes and calipers in the front.
I kept up on the maintenance.
tinted windows
aftermarket stereo - nothing special.

let me know you if you need any other info -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1560201189219.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	124571   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1560201181649.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	124573   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1560201136931.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	124575  

Last edited by Rfisk; 06-13-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Rfisk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Socal
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
 
We need way more info...

What maintenance was done?
severity or traces of previous body damage?
Exact check engine light codes?
Pics of hail damage
LSD equipped?
Clean title?
Underbody pictures also help.
andrewkpt423 likes this.
GGM_IS is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfisk View Post
I have an IS300 black on black MANUAL with 130k miles - I need help pricing my car. every thing out there is for auto trans and I know the manual are much more valuable just not sure how much more. I have not modded it out. just an act clutch with upgraded flywheel and KN air filter.
I am also in Kansas City.
Here is the bad.
she has minor hail damage
it was hit in the passenger side front and driver side rear. both have repaired.
bumper damage and small fender repair.
I would put the exterior at a 5 out of ten, but everything 17 years old will show age.
has the normal 02 sensor codes
sticky dash
aluminum stock rims with pitting

The Good
no rips in the interior, everything works like it should
airbags have never gone off
she still gets up and moves.
I just replace front rotor, brakes and calipers in the front.
I kept up on the maintenance.
tinted windows
aftermarket stereo - nothing special.

let me know you if you need any other info - and hit me up if you are interested.
If you are selling it. Put it in the right forum. https://www.my.is/forums/f172/
But newbie's must meet forum post requirements to sell their stuff. So ask the price. But do not sell it it the wrong spot, please.

Careful & Consistent
01 SolarYellow is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGM_IS View Post
We need way more info...

What maintenance was done?
severity or traces of previous body damage?
Exact check engine light codes?
Pics of hail damage
LSD equipped?
Clean title?
Underbody pictures also help.
all the maintenance has been done- I have not done the timing belt yet
the ac has to be charged each year
the repairs in the front are done well the bumper on the back of the car could be reattached better.
the hail damage is 15 dents on the roof and 2 on the trunk lind.
there are also door dings.
the title is clean
and under body pic? yeah I don't have those. but it is what you should expect from a car in the Midwest for 18 years. surface rust but no holes. or rusted out parts.
and I did not write down the codes for the o2 sensors but it for the one that is pain to get to(between engine and firewall) and the one under the passenger seat.

I don't plan on selling it yet. I plan to sell it in the fall.

Last edited by Rfisk; 06-12-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Rfisk is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Socal
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfisk View Post
all the maintenance has been done- I have not done the timing belt yet
That means the all the maintenance has NOT been done lol The timing belt is a big job and should be changed around 90k if I remember correctly.

Just from what I've seen around here and going off the details you provided I'd say it's a solid $5,000 car since the mileage is on the lower side. The hail damage is what will drive the value down.
GGM_IS is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:47 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfisk View Post
all the maintenance has been done- I have not done the timing belt yet
the ac has to be charged each year
the repairs in the front are done well the bumper on the back of the car could be reattached better.
the hail damage is 15 dents on the roof and 2 on the trunk lind.
there are also door dings.
the title is clean
and under body pic? yeah I don't have those. but it is what you should expect from a car in the Midwest for 18 years. surface rust but no holes. or rusted out parts.
and I did not write down the codes for the o2 sensors but it for the one that is pain to get to(between engine and firewall) and the one under the passenger seat.

I don't plan on selling it yet. I plan to sell it in the fall. unless some how the right deal falls in my lap.
The selling in the wrong place continues with no regards for the rules.

Careful & Consistent
01 SolarYellow is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 SolarYellow View Post
The selling in the wrong place continues with no regards for the rules.
I just want to know what a fair value of my car is- I am not ready to sell the thing - when it is I will go to the marketplace. till then bugger off forum Nazi.

an to the others that asked question and gave me feed back thank you.
Rfisk is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Marietta
Posts: 1,460
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfisk View Post
I just want to know what a fair value of my car is- I am not ready to sell the thing - when it is I will go to the marketplace. till then bugger off forum Nazi.

an to the others that asked question and gave me feed back thank you.
"let me know you if you need any other info - and hit me up if you are interested." off your post.

Hit me up if interested. Is a selling statement. If you think following the rules. Apply to everyone but you. Yes, I am and everyone else here that follows the rules is a "Nazi" It is clear you only joined the forum to sell it. You joined this month. Plus you have not commented or posted anywhere else on the forum.
SP2Pilot likes this.

Careful & Consistent
01 SolarYellow is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01 SolarYellow View Post
"let me know you if you need any other info - and hit me up if you are interested." off your post.

Hit me up if interested. Is a selling statement. If you think following the rules. Apply to everyone but you. Yes, I am and everyone else here that follows the rules is a "Nazi" It is clear you only joined the forum to sell it. You joined this month. Plus you have not commented or posted anywhere else on the forum.
addressed in a PM- I have removed my two selling comments. but a lot of good it will do since I can not edit quoted text.

Last edited by Rfisk; 06-12-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Rfisk is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
 
Let's see here, after looking up your VIN, Carfax puts their history based value on your car at $2,540. And thats their private party sale estimate. If you find the right buyer, then you're looking at around 4 grand with the body damage, sticky dash, and surface rust. The annual AC charge is of concern, and that's not including the timing belt service that is critical to the engine. If you never did the spark plugs and coils, which is a possibility since it's at 130k, it'll be another $120 cost for the buyer. Throw in some new oxygen sensors, and you'd probably have the most luck with a price tag of $3,500-$3,700.

I had to do some digging, but you do have a Limited Slip DIfferential, as per Lexus's drivers vehicle information. Although, I would still recommend that price for most buyers.
DH_71631 is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DH_71631 View Post
Let's see here, after looking up your VIN, Carfax puts their history based value on your car at $2,540. And thats their private party sale estimate. If you find the right buyer, then you're looking at around 4 grand with the body damage, sticky dash, and surface rust. The annual AC charge is of concern, and that's not including the timing belt service that is critical to the engine. If you never did the spark plugs and coils, which is a possibility since it's at 130k, it'll be another $120 cost for the buyer. Throw in some new oxygen sensors, and you'd probably have the most luck with a price tag of $3,500-$3,700.

I had to do some digging, but you do have a Limited Slip DIfferential, as per Lexus's drivers vehicle information. Although, I would still recommend that price for most buyers.
thank for doing the digging. I never thought to use Carfax to price it. where you able to separate manual from auto trans? when I did the searching on Carfax it was a lot of trash data, not sure if I was doing it right. I also verified with my mechanic that I had the timing belt done in early 2016.

and if you have the Carfax on my car you mind sending it to me in a pm.

thanks I appreciate your opinion
Rfisk is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 11:42 PM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfisk View Post
thank for doing the digging. I never thought to use Carfax to price it. where you able to separate manual from auto trans? when I did the searching on Carfax it was a lot of trash data, not sure if I was doing it right. I also verified with my mechanic that I had the timing belt done in early 2016.

and if you have the Carfax on my car you mind sending it to me in a pm.

thanks I appreciate your opinion

Everything I did was through the 'mycarfax' portion of their service. Make an account, and you start with a garage. You can add your VIN and look at service history. I did the same with the 'drivers' portal that Lexus themselves created for us to view original equipment information about what came with the car and any service history associated with the selected car.

The only other thing I can say is to go to KBB, and see what they would put your car at. You can try and use cargurus.com, they do price analysis based on open market value to show how good of a deal it is to potential buyers. I used them and was able to sell a car within 72 hours.

But I would recommend making sure to put the listing in the right part of this forum so you don't upset anyone when you go to sell it. Just a tip
DH_71631 is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Garage
If you do end up selling, I'd definitely be interested. Been looking for a manual IS and located in Olathe, Ks.
Fotawgraphy is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
           
BaT seems to be the best option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squareback View Post
1-8-7 on the undercova i-s-3-hundgy
IS3TT
FRaCTioNaL is online now  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
 
Garage
If this helps with an idea of pricing, I bought my almost mint '02 manual w/LSD with 122k miles for $7300 (6 months ago in St. Louis).

Silver on black, w/ tinted windows
All service has been done, with documentation to prove it. Timing belt was done at 107k.
Few door dings and scratches, nothing too serious. No accidents and clean title.
Interior is pristine, a little wear on the driver's seat but no tears or anything like that, other seats look like nobody has ever sat in them.
Engine and drivetrain are again pristine, no issues anywhere and the clutch was in good condition.
No rust, guy who owned it previously only drove it in the summer.

May have overpaid a bit but if I didn't buy it, someone else would've. IS300's don't pop up often here, let alone a manual so I felt I had to get it.
Mathieu Bernier likes this.
jmgillardi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Dealers and Pricing

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome