LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread

Hello Everyone,

We're proud to announce that the new site look and feel has been completed for My.IScom! Our designers and software engineers have been hard at work on this for several months. It's designed to modernize the site, make it easier to use, and to make it more attractive to new members and guests that visit .

The forum software we use, vBulletin, by default is not designed to be friendly to the eyes or to look modern. We went down to the nuts and bolts of the forum software and templates, and have done a ground up approach. There are several things you will notice now that the new design is live.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.

We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join My.IScom, they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in.

As a forum member you can choose to use the new design (which is on by default) or you can go back to the old design. We ask that you give it a chance and see if you like it. Like anything new, it will be unfamiliar at first, but we suspect that the speed difference will make you want to use this new one. If you do decide to switch back, the link is at the bottom left of each forum page, you pull down and select the theme called "My.IScom Legacy".

4) Garages will be featured on the site

You can show off your Lexus, You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others. Make sure you post up some images to share with the community at the link below.

https://my.is/forums/garage.php?do=editgarage

5) Users will be able to register with Facebook, Twitter or Google+

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

7) Another new great feature is the @Mention user plugin. You can tag members by simply using the @ symbol.

8) Drag and Drop image uploader

We hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions on the design, please let us know, feedback is appreciated.

If there are any issues you see. Post them up here and we will get them worked out.

Thanks,
-Your My.IScom Team.
blkdout likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Follower

Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Some feedback:

The site is noticeably faster for me, and I like the better use of screen-space with the new layout.

One issue:

On the "Forum" page (https://my.is/forums/), the "Welcome to the Lexus IS Forum." and "setup progress" blocks are annoying. They show my work as 50% complete, when in reality I will never change any of the things it's asking for (Avatar and signature, as well as garage) and it will never go away. Rather annoying.

One request:

Can we enable HTTPS/SSL? I feel dirty tossing my password to you guys over the for-everyone-to-see internet (HTTP).

Thanks for the updates!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Guru

Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Garage
Jeff, the site looks good, but I can no longer see "User CP", "All New Posts", and all of the other buttons that used to be toward the top of the page. How do I bring them back?

My thread of picture [email protected]: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalero View Post
Jeff, the site looks good, but I can no longer see "User CP", "All New Posts", and all of the other buttons that used to be toward the top of the page. How do I bring them back?
Tools dropdown > User CP

You can hit "new posts" on the toolbar also.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by reklipz View Post
Some feedback:

The site is noticeably faster for me, and I like the better use of screen-space with the new layout.

One issue:

On the "Forum" page (https://my.is/forums/), the "Welcome to the Lexus IS Forum." and "setup progress" blocks are annoying. They show my work as 50% complete, when in reality I will never change any of the things it's asking for (Avatar and signature, as well as garage) and it will never go away. Rather annoying.

One request:

Can we enable HTTPS/SSL? I feel dirty tossing my password to you guys over the for-everyone-to-see internet (HTTP).

Thanks for the updates!
Nice, thanks.

If you click through those and update them and save as it should clear them. We are working on a way to close that out if you already have all those options.

Not sure if the can change it but everything should be secure, never had any issues.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Immortal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Do we still have realtime/ispy? I'm not seeing any tab for it and I use it every time I'm on here.
From my understanding you cannot toggle back to the old format from now on?

Thanks

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Cherisher

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)

^I think you can toggle at the bottom of the page... like changing views in the old format?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4 View Post
Do we still have realtime/ispy?
Is this a mod function?

Only using for a few hours now but still adapting to the stickies not being highlighted. I notice the thumbtack but it's not as visual as a good old fashioned highlight.

Other than that, adaptation is a breeze. Liking it so far!
AG Jeff likes this.

'03 Wagon - Stock
'02 Sedan - Not Stock

"There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want."
-Hiral
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdout View Post

Is this a mod function?
No, we use to have a "realtime" tab at the top next to "active topics", "user cp", etc. on the top banner. It was also there offline and is what I spent a majority of my time monitoring. It was also called ispy in which you could watch the posts as they are submitted. I really hope it's here and I'm just not seeing it.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 09:27 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)

I was on IE8 and the advertisements are making the run time sloooow. Just for those that think the new format is slow.

I am on Firefox and its much faster than it was. I will have to browse around and will be back with opinions.

So far, so good
AG Jeff likes this.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:36 AM
Mr. Roo

Quoted: 605 Post(s)

So far.... the only thing annoying is that sidebar on the right (but I can take care of it) and then huge attach files button. If you could move the "post quick reply" and "go advanced" buttons to right under the text box, like it used to be, that would be great.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 04:24 AM
Loyalist

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
i would kind of like to see all three generations of the IS represented in the banner. some kind of evolution of the IS theme. but i like everything so far and hopefully more 2nd and 3rd generation members are attracted.

I expect a lot of new members when the IS200t comes out.

01' IS300 2JZ-GTE Aristo Stock Twins (for now)~ Current
01' MSM IS300 NA-T [email protected]~ Sold
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 07:14 AM
Altruist

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

That's what I'm talking about! I was wondering when the site was finally going to be upgraded.

I'm totally digging the look of it. Going to tool around with it and provide more feedback as necessary. Great job guys!

btw - drag and drop file upload.....the blog gods have finally answered! :D
AG Jeff likes this.

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4 View Post
No, we use to have a "realtime" tab at the top next to "active topics", "user cp", etc. on the top banner. It was also there offline and is what I spent a majority of my time monitoring. It was also called ispy in which you could watch the posts as they are submitted. I really hope it's here and I'm just not seeing it.
If we lost it with the conversion we can ad it back. Any more details would be great.

Most everything got moved to the User CP or the Tools dropdown.

Jeff
IS3_FTW and jasonm4 like this.

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
If we lost it with the conversion we can ad it back. Any more details would be great.

Most everything got moved to the User CP or the Tools dropdown.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I actually just found it while using the "full version", so I'm a much happier camper now. Here is a link to the realtime page if anyone has trouble.

>iSpy

Loading times seem pretty quick to me. Thanks again!
AG Jeff likes this.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
So far.... the only thing annoying is that sidebar on the right (but I can take care of it) and then huge attach files button. If you could move the "post quick reply" and "go advanced" buttons to right under the text box, like it used to be, that would be great.
Working on the revised attach image drag and drop. That should clean it up alot.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Back Office > MY.is Tech Issues & Bugs Report

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page