Lexus IS Forum banner

Need help! Weird problem

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Is3hunna01 
#1 ·
So just recently and very randomly my is coolant gauge is going really cold and stays there while I drive but when I am parked it reaches normal level and produces heat (like it normally does) but recently it just stays cold while I drive and the other day I drove 40 minutes and back somewhere and was freezing my ass off ! Just trying to see if it’s my thermostat just opening n closing when it wants or what the heck is going on because I’m confused , any help /advice would be appreciated!!

#2 ·
Funny that you make a post about this, as I have been experiencing the same issue. I actually threw a CEL (P0125) since the ECM thinks that theres a fault somewhere in the system. But it seems winter really takes a toll on our cars. The needle on my gauge does not like to go above 4 or so ticks while driving. And I am 99.9% sure there is no problems with the cooling system since it operates fine in the summer with the needle in the middle.

Of course, if there is anyone that has insight about how this affects our cars, that would be much appreciated.

#6 ·

Attachments

#9 ·
is that not the gasket we're talking about? Or is it somehow possible to order it without this gasket? Seems pretty essential, IDK why it would be available without it
It appears that the one you ordered back in the day may have just come with the gasket, i've looked up (google search) some sample images (below) of the t-stat alone, and it appears that if you only get that particular part number, that they are indeed sold separately. Of course, this is if you are to order this straight from a dealer like this.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.