Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #1741 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Well disappeared for a while. Bought a few things, missed a few parts. Namely a Carbing front under brace I've been wanting

Did pick up: Ikeya Formula rear subframe collars, Work RS-R lug nuts in purple, and Moon Face low angle ball joints.

I was under the impression that my upper ball joints on my A arms up front were clunking/going bad. Bought ball joints since I had stock arms still, then got to looking around and it seems that my upper control arm just wasn't "tight" to the shock tower. It was tight, but not GOOD and tight, and there was movement in the arm. Which means my tire was just shredded

So I didn't going to Import Alliance in Kentucky this weekend. I got my tires flipped in time, but it just didn't seem worth driving 7 hours one way and risk blowing out a tire. Especially considering I don't want to buy new tires for them.

I'm really torn on what to do with the wheels. Really would like to find a pair of 17x9 +22 Blitz 03's but that's proving difficult. So then I'm trying to decide if I really want to go 17/18 or stay 18/18. We'll see...

In the meantime, here are some cell phone pictures of stuff. Have not installed the subframe collars or low angle ball joints yet. Hoping to get a few more suspension pieces and then install stuff closer to fall/winter (depending on how long my tires last).

IMG_1923_zps7fnevncf by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2212_zpsuvq1y5uw by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2216_zpsr3ptnlqk by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2217_zpsomvog9hu by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2415_zpslwfbxquj by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2418_zpsjjuo7vgf by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2501_zpsr8aehxbc by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2529_zps8xrjfgrd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2538_zpskxck4dgs by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And a picture a friend snapped rolling to park at a Tennessee State of Drift even in Memphis, TN last Saturday.

IMG_2548_zpsycmtixar by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Last edited by white_is; 02-27-2018 at 09:28 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome