Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #1731 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Don't know if it was mentioned, but I had the full Elixir kit cut in half to save $$$$. This allowed me to buy new coilovers, and the amount saved was greater than what it will cost to have it refiberglassed together and primered.

Yes I could have waited, but I preferred to get the kit in hand as I had the means to get it (both financially and logistically). I'm just happy to actually have the kit and now I don't have to worry about it being discontinued or anything like that.

I have been wanting to fit it, but was waiting to get the wheels on, height set, and aligned. Finally had everything done and had time today so I threw the front and side on (and Vertex bonnet spoiler and quarter window duct). Still need a JDM rear bumper.

Also going to have to decide on a grill, and I'm torn on a TRD wing or different style. Elixir is so sharp that I feel like the stock round spoiler doesn't match.

I'd love a new hood so I could have EVERYTHING done at the same time but that may be a stretch

Everything is on hold right now though, kind of lol. Trying to decide to be responsible and address minor issues (both rear knuckle bushings look pretty worn and I seem to have some sort of oil leak). The bushings I can deal with, but I'd like to get Trac links at the same time and I'd rather not deal with another alignment right now. So waiting until fall/winter seems like a better idea lol.

The oil leak I'm hoping is just valve covers, but I'm not convinced yet. There's oil around the bellhousing/block area, about half way up the block. It doesn't look like it's going out the drain hole like a rear main leak would, but I also don't have oil in the spark plug channel.

I noticed some on the back side of the intake side valve cover, but the noticeable amount of oil lower is on the exhaust side.

I'm pretty tired of working on the car right now, so I'm going to wait a few days and then try to get under and see if I can get a better look. Just in a bad spot to try to look close as the header and all the underpanels are in the way.

DSC_4918_zpsf1nkbgns by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4921_zpsdwz1bbms by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4922_zpscmuq6ajb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4923_zpsyjgo3mbs by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4925_zps4r1kmls4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Last edited by white_is; 02-27-2018 at 09:21 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome