Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #1626 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

So I've done a couple small things recently.

Jumped the clutch switch so I don't have to push the clutch to start the car anymore. Now I don't have to worry about broken keys

Added some LED foot lights. I had purchased some 1" LED strips a while back with the intention to use them but never got around to it. Finally had some time. Ran them under the dash/behind the radio and everything, and tapped them into the dome light wiring. They come on when the car is unlocked or open the doors. And they fade out just like the dome light after the doors are shut or the car is locked.

Thanks to this DIY:

https://my.is/forums/f221/diy-footwel...method-418982/

I haven't had time to get decent pictures so this will have to do lol
They are white though, not blue-ish

DSC_3313_zps33e19861 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3318_zps0ef35e07 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I managed to find a complete set of special edition black and gold Blitz type 03 center caps. Got them Monday.

DSC_3309_zps888e2a13 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3308_zps6ce0d4d0 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

After I finalized my ride height and got an alignment I noticed some rubbing in the back. Wasn't the normal tire rubbing noise so I pulled the wheels to check it out. Turns out my inner barrels were hitting the body on the driver side, and the coilover springs on both sides.

I had some 3mm spacers laying around but I test fit them and under full compression the lip hit the quarter panel. I ended up heating the fenders, using a piece of 2x8" the keep the outer fender flat, and beat the inner fender lip flat with a hammer. Worked out perfect and gave me about 2mm of room between the lip and quarter fully compressed.

I actually just finished it so I haven't really driven yet to see if it hits at all I'll find out soon.

One_zpscbd01574 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

two_zps02902c53 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

three_zpsb9f4ae03 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Last edited by white_is; 02-27-2018 at 08:36 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome