Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #1559 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Ok so for my steering wheel I'm obviously loosing the air bag which would cause the SRS light to come on. This basically makes all other air bags in the car inactive because it looks like there is a fault in the system. Resistors can be used to put a load on the circuit making it think the air bags are still plug in so all of the other air bags work like normal.

I found ZERO information on this through my research. Finally talked to BlackSportD and he wasn't sure, but thought it would be the same as the seats. So that was the only real guess I had and it ended up working.

The steering wheel SRS light can be fixed with a 3.3ohm resistor just like the seats. I used three 10ohm 1/2watt resistors in parallel to make my own U-Turn harness instead of the $20 Works Bell one lol. I would have preferred the Works hub but needed to save some money

Anyway, I didn't even grab pictures of the hub or anything lol. But I have some shitty pictures from my install. I forgot to grab my camera

Air bag off. The two screws on the side PISSED me off. They don't fit through the holes! I had to pull the plastic sides out so they fell down in between so I could get the air bag out
photo6_zpsb56767bd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Wheel off.
photo7_zps63435ca8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Air bag plug
photo8_zps66926af5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Layout for the three 10ohm resistors
photo4_zps42816ac8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Finished DIY poorman U-turn
photo5_zps555462b5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Plugged in. It was a little bulky but there is room underneath the column to hide it. The wire I used was thick enough that it was very snug in the plug. I then zip tied it to some other plugs underneath.
photo3_zps5cb10df4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Done. Vertex wheel on. No SRS light!
photo1_zps97b78a9e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

photo2_zps375756bd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I was planning on ordering a Vertex horn button and a pair of tires this week but things are on hold until I figure out the lip situation. Already checking with a couple other places to get me lips.

I will be doing some cleaning in the next week so I'll get some better pictures soon.

Last edited by white_is; 02-27-2018 at 08:00 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome