Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #1392 of (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Also I finally wired my fog lights to work. Wasn't EXACTLY the way I wanted to do it, but it works just the same.

(sorry lots of iphone pictures lately )
Foglights_zps11bb2cad by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Foglights2_zpsf9b2400c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

What I WANTED to do, was find two OEM plugs that matched the plugs coming off the stock fog lights. My Cibie fogs (for Modellista) came with a bunch of the harness so I was just going to cut the plugs off so that they would plug into the bulbs and stock harness just like the stock fogs.

BUT I couldn't find two of the male plugs. Ended up finding two female plugs though that are the same as the plugs on the body harness stock.

SO I swapped the male/female plugs on the stock body harness and stock fog lights, and put the female plugs that matched the stock plugs onto the Cibie harness.

My stock body harness now has the OEM male plugs, while both sets of fog lights have the stock female plugs. Meaning I can swap between stock bumper and Modellista bumpers without having to do anything to the fog lights besides unplug them.

And yes, it sounds confusing, so here's a couple pictures

Fogpicture_zps68936d2d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Fogpicture2_zpsdeb5e6b0 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Fogpicture3_zps438a84eb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Hopefully that makes some sense lol.

I would have spent more time looking for a matching male plug but I wanted to get it done before I had to go back to school. This past week was my last week so I just went with what I could get.

At some point I'll get an HID kit

Last edited by white_is; 02-24-2018 at 02:37 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome