Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #1382 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

And some pictures of the process in getting power to the Ganadors.
(Sorry for iphone pictures)

Flipped the lock on the Ganador plug, removed it completely.
Plugs1_zps115ef6a4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

De-pinned all three wires.
Plugs2_zps9cfce188 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Wrapped each in heat shrink so they can't ground out on eachother.
Plugs3_zps6dda3995 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Find the door plug with the three pins together (pins 6,7,8 from the wiring diagram).
Plugs4_zps2add98bd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Fit the Ganador wires on and done.
Plugs5_zpsb8ccecd3 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

As I said, right/left are opposites. But up/down work fine. You have to watch how far you adjust because they will get stuck.

I took a video and you can sort of hear the mirror getting stuck towards the end. You can hear me clicking the switch but the mirror not moving

Video_zps967091b3 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Also, I have both sides going from left to right as Blue, Black, Brown. I tried switching them to see if it would fix the left/right issue but it did not. It made the up/down move left/right and left/right move up/down.

I haven't really driven the car since I finished, but I do think I gained some visibility from adjusting them. I'm short (5'6") so I don't know if it will help more/less for taller people but the passenger side is definitely improved.

This isn't the ideal solution, but for me, keeping my stock mirror harness and door harness untouched was key. No one would sell me the plugs from their mirrors cheap (understandably) and ebay prices are $70+ for ONE BROKEN mirror. No thanks. I'll still look around to see if I can snag some plugs someplace but for now this will do.

Last edited by white_is; 02-24-2018 at 02:35 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome