Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #1081 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Finally some more updates...

I bought some engine parts to have painted/powder coated when I do my timing belt so I can just swap things over. Purchased: Upper intake manifold, throttle body, y-thing, and valve covers. Still need lower intake manifold runners, and I'm probably gonna buy another set of valve covers. Once has a chip along the edge and the both have a snapped bolt in them. Easy fix on those but I'd rather just buy some in better shape.

Finally manned up and bought Figs adjustable front end links. Mike comes through like always and got them to me SUPER fast. Gonna throw some stupid color paint on them in the next couple days and install in another week or so.

DSC_8156 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Got some more OEM parts from Lexus. Water pump, drive belt, PCV grommet, and some clips for the door scuff plates. I noticed my plates didn't stay in very well with my side skirts installed so I went ahead and bought new ones. Also bought a windshield sun screen thing. I noticed a slight bit of the "melting dash" on my air bag this summer so hopefully this will prevent it from spreading.

DSC_8157 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_8158 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Probably the biggest update... Got my tires taken off and have been working on taking my wheels apart.

DSC_8137 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

The bolts are pretty nasty. I've managed to clean a few up with some effort. Soaked them in some soap and took a tooth brush to them. Took forever and they aren't perfect. Gonna try to figure out another option or possibly look into just having them stripped and chrome plated again. We shall see.

DSC_8159 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Before any work...

DSC_8161 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

After, still not perfect.

DSC_8160 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_8163 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Last edited by white_is; 02-22-2018 at 06:28 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome