Lexus IS Forum banner

Anybody from APO in Germany here ???

27K views 95 replies 20 participants last post by  OG 187 
#1 ·
Is there a member who is based at Germany ??

Thanks and greats
Marco

#77 ·
OG 187, I don't suppose you know how to replace the engine belt... I noticed mine's starting to fray and I'm totally f'd if I drive it and it breaks on an autobahn or some other traffic nightmare. I don't want to know what'd it'd cost to have it done. I'm starting to think I should have either sold the car or left it at home.

#78 ·
So I did that to three IS200 with the 1G-FE but 6speed manual transmission.
I can check the information for timing belt exchange on an automatic IS300 but I'm guessing its about the same work.

As I mentioned befor, I donot have to much free time but access toa carlift, most tools and yes me and my buddies wrenching know-how so with some planning we can arrange that.

Just PM me, so we can talk about your problem, maybe you can help me somehow :p

#79 ·
That would great if you could help. I remembered someone saying you had a lift, tools and such so I thought I could try asking. I need to learn anyways so if your car needs some work I'll do what I can to help out. I'll be gone for a few weeks after tomorrow but after that I should be able to do it on a weekend or something.

#81 ·
.... hmmmmm .....

I dunno

I changed the Belts on my IS200 in about 3-4 hours but if the IS300 service is more complicated I have to get more informations first.
Maybe ask my friend with his small car-repair-shop what he thinks about that.
(I did my first timing belt exchange in his shop while he was workimg on another car)

And 03Ltuned should get a quote from a local shop or Toyota dealership. Cuz I cant offer a rental car if sth goes wrong. ;)

#87 ·
Still some AOP owners around in Germany?!?

#91 ·
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one(or at least first) person to swap in the EDM mirrors onto a US IS300. The IS200/300 was not very popular in Europe, so the odds of finding the mirrors used is VERY rare. I had to buy mine at the dealership. The folding, heated, and auto-dimming mirrors cost me 350 euro a piece. Then it was another 60-70 euro for the control switch.

Also, the connector on the folding control switch is different than the non-folding control switch. So you'll either need to make and adapter, find a pigtail with the new connector, or just solder in wires directly into the connector.

I love the mod, but it was a lot of work for such a small pay off.

#93 ·
I have all JDM mirrors and switch already. All is hooked up and working. I'm just looking at buying mirrors that are usable. The JDM one for the right side is adjusted all the way out and still have a hard time seeing out of it. Figure buy the right hand mirror (passenger side). And leave the left the JDM one.

#95 ·
Hello, it's me again.

any APO owners here?

I'm still offering my hands and tools for some shipping cost reduction ;)

I'm located in 89281 Altenstadt, Germany

#96 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.