Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #696 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

I painted my end links. I just used an engine enamel and got a random color. It was the same price as black so why not? Everything is already mis-matched under there I'll try to get a picture of them tomorrow.

I got my bolts from Mike on Thursday! Made sure everything was good to go and got my car back together. Went for a test drive and everything was great. Got home and went back over the bolts and then checked them again the next morning

Friday I pulled my driver side RCA off. I tore the boot right after I installed them initally and was having a loud clunk from that side whenever I turned my wheel. I'm not sure if it was because there wasn't enough grease inside since all of it leaked out or if the ball joint went bad because of that. Either way I tried regreasing them once and the clunking came back the next day. I ordered a new ball joint and boot from Mike a while back. I had the new ball joint pressed in and installed the new boot. Put everything back together and have zero issues now. I also checked those bolts three times after putting things back together

Saturday I went looking for a place for pictures. Didn't really find anything but I took some anyway.

Winter is coming soon, although I don't know how much bad weather we'll get here...

Either way I think my SSR's are coming off next week. Big changes coming over the winter. I'm both excited and nervous so we'll see how it ends up. I've got a few things on the way and a few more parts lined up. Just need to sell my stuff first and save some big green moniesss

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome