Lexus IS Forum banner

new owner

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  timmy0tool 
#1 ·
been posting for a month now but haven't formally introduced myself. my name is tim (hence the sn) from lovely socal and just purchased an 02 IBP sportx. she has black interior leather, nav (which doesn't work even after putting a newer disc), bluetooth, lsd, blah...

nice and stock! the previous owner had some blue tubing all over the bay but i quickly cleaned that up.

the car came with 18" gunmetal/polished lip axis halo wheels. replaced the cheap muteki lugs with volk extended lugs.

wheels were not staggard 18x8 +35 all around. tire sizing was 225/40/18 (f) and 245/40/18 (r). it rubbed a bit out back even at stock height.

didn't like the wheels much so i opted for some isx50 stockies. pics on the car soon! axis wheels will be for sale soon!

next updates include new timing belt, wp, seals, serp belt, etc since the motor has 102k. also have an 01 grill since the current one is cracked. then maybe a drop, maybe...

lastly here is my 08 GFM is250, purely stock other than the GFX lip, for now :rolleyes: .

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice pick up Tim! I think the is250 wheels will make your sportx look much cleaner. Post pics when you get those mounted and when you get it lowered. =)

What plans do you have for the IS250?

#5 ·
thanks guys i'm in orange county, yeah i mounted the wheels the same day i took these pics but i forgot to take after pics. i think the isx50 wheels kinda makes the car look like a mazda 5, but they look better than the axis wheels for sure. i'll get pics soon.

as for the 250 i want to drop it and get wheels. i have the rear GFX kit already just haven't had the time to install it. not going too crazy on the both lexus' since i have other "projects". diegolex knows what i mean ;) .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.