#1 ·
Well as the title says title says i have no managed to fit this into my car

with the following functions

1st push ACC on
2nd Push IGN on
3rd push & Hold Starter runs

Car running

4th push Car turns off

this was done with a very simple to make circuit which can be built on vero board and requires 4 relays
for details and pictures see this link

Any questions drop me an email either here or there lol

you can also check full specs of my car out in the garage

#4 ·
Wow that is awesome!!! How about you make the setup and sell it?

BTW if you post this is the inside and outside section you will get ALOT more views and replies.

Congrats dude you are the man!!!LOL

#6 · (Edited)
well this is the MK2 kit so far

MK3 will have a feature made into it that when its running the push button is needs to be held down to turn off so a simple slip and push will have no effect.

once i have the kit perfected to do what i want and happy with it i may look into making the kits then any push button can be used and wired up

#8 ·
Nice. A better video is needed.

#11 ·
i cant take full credit for the circuit design but i have adapted it and still adapting it now to make sure that the a single press of the button wont turn the car off but it needs to be a press and hold so a capacitor charging up or something like i said work in progress.

and still doing the steering lock as well so that will also be electronic but only triggered once the RFID system see's e in the car

#13 ·
Check out my version:

#15 ·
For the first installation, I'm interested on how you dealt with the wheel lock, the transponder in the key, and of course your custom board. You gotta sell it or share it!

Second installation, by far the cleanest, but I'm pretty sure you could only accomplish what you did with an aftermarket security/starter, right?

Here's mine. Requires the key, can't turn it off with the button.

#16 ·
For the first installation, I'm interested on how you dealt with the wheel lock, the transponder in the key, and of course your custom board. You gotta sell it or share it!

Second installation, by far the cleanest, but I'm pretty sure you could only accomplish what you did with an aftermarket security/starter, right?

Here's mine. Requires the key, can't turn it off with the button.

YouTube - 2IS Start Button in IS300

If there was enough interest in the setup I might work on making kits, but you'd still have to get someone sharp to install it. The steering lock is an easy fix, once you remove the ignition tumbler. Just rotate it 180 degrees around the column.

Take a look at this: Wireless Devices

#17 ·
Hi guys I haven't forgot about you lot just been really busy with work not even been in own country working in Qatar anyway...

Iwill try and put a write up together but I was inthe process of redesigning the kit to allow more controll and security

I'm still looking at making my steering lock electronic not wanting to remove it after all it's an extra bit of secuirity to put car thieves off....

Sorry for the delay

Rabs

#21 ·
That is really sick!
I would also like to know which security system you use.

#22 ·
Hi guys its not totally key less yet here in the uk insurance companies get funny if you dont have a steering lock ( or so im told)

I will probably be working on this over the winter months as its show season now no time to have the car in pieces lol

i intend on fitting a solenoid to control the steering lock i mean after all its a manual pin that pushes in now so why cant it be electronic...

Im using a clifford Avantguard 5.5 system so over there its a DEI unit...

The write up is coming as im not happy about posting up a half finished project if you catch me....

#25 ·
i intend on fitting a solenoid to control the steering lock i mean after all its a manual pin that pushes in now so why cant it be electronic...
I looked into that idea but without a certain amount of "testing" for the Transport safety board you can't put an electric solenoid on the steering lock, because if you have a power surge or loss of current your steering could lock on the highway!

So if it's not "legal" to have the solenoid setup, I figured why not go without it altogether?

#24 ·
Thought I'd throw in my two cents, I did this on my ford tempo for about 30 bucks back in the day (far shittier job, far older car, mind you not trying to brag) and though the car was old, and you could drive it, you could only go in a straight line. The wheel lock is mechanical, therefore you still actually need the key in (and in the drive position, mind you) to drive. For my Tempo, I had three switches. Two on/off and one momentary contact. One was for accessories, one for ignition on, and the momentary for the starter engage, all of which was just sitting in the steering column. When I wired both the accessory and ignition together on one switch, with or without the key, I couldn't just have it on accessory, so I changed it cuz I could lol.

I don't really trust myself to do it on this car (FUCK playing around with steering columns with airbags) but it sure is a fun little project for old cars.
-quick note, if you have a manual, you can engineer a switch to fool the NSS, but that's dangerous waters...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.