Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - white_is build thread! (Bumper back on... 1/1
View Single Post
post #338 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
white_is
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye ess View Post
That is the truth...in my defence, I bought the car w/ the S-Techs, and figured id keep em on until i get all the other stuff done i want done...also no matter how hard I work, I am in Uni for medicine (lots of time), workin full time, and tryin to help my mom with bills since my dad passed this summer...so funds are very very tight
But I do agree with you...I did that with my Supra when I had it

White IS: back to this, I'd say sell all of them and buy a full new set, cuz it would be easier to find a buyer for the full set than just a pair...cuz whoever buys them would have to get a set of rears which you have and like you said, may not fit on your fronts

I am really interested to see your car w/ the new wheels on
Well I will most likely sell all four I think... Someone pretty local (within easy driving distance) has said they were interested too. Of course Eminence has first dibs, so we'll see what happens.

Here are some pics from the iPod adapter install.

Grom iPod Adapter
100_1254 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Taped up to prevent scratches
100_1256 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Pulled off TRAC and heated seats panel
100_1257 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Pop the cover
100_1258 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Two screws
100_1259 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Yank the dash tray with vents off. Two 10mm's on top and two on bottom
100_1260 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Unplug everything from the back and pull it all out!
100_1261 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Plug the cable into the bottom left "socket"
100_1262 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And... I stopped taking pictures :fff:
For now, I have to cable that is plugged into the back of my CD Player running through the dash into my glove box. Then I just pull the cable to my phone out of the glove box and throw it back in when I'm done.

I'm leaving it as is for a couple more days, possibly a week, maybe longer lol. I want to make sure there aren't any issues with the unit and then I will find a better place to mount the box and run the cable. Possibly going to run the cable under the arm rest area (I can't think of what it's called next to my shifter and up from underneath my armrest). That way passengers in the back can access it and everything, so all the cables would be hiden.

Last edited by white_is; 02-18-2018 at 04:39 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome