Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - Aristo VVTi Swap Goodness :)
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
sean05
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkellucci View Post
Are you scrapping the oem FPR and using the Aeromotive? The oem setup is more then capable...YOu will max out injectors before you run into issues with the Toyota return.
If you are dead set on using an Aeromotive you will need to drill/tap your rail just like the GE procedure calls for. However, if you use the Toyota setup you will not need half the fuel return parts you have listed. You will however be plumming your fuel return into the oem FPR.
With that you mention usdm injectors/rail. The 550s are low impedance so depending on what engine mgmt solution you opt for you might need a resistor box....plan for that unless you go standalone.

Also, keep an open mind, open an account with summitracing because you are going to need more fittings then you can ever imagine. Lots of trial and error with meticulously incorporating form & function.
No, i have no problem running the oem FPR. I figured me and summit would become best friends in this swap. Where can I get a resistor box from? I knew the usdm injectors were low impedance just havent thought about the resistors yet.

For Sale:
GTE VVTi Swap | AEM V2 | PTE 6766 | Carson Tuned | UGO | Tein Flex

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome