Lexus IS Forum banner

Got Mods? Please post your pics here: rims, tires, whatever you got, let's see 'em!

144K views 201 replies 99 participants last post by  1stLetter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
After seeing Trinity's pics, I decided we should have a sticky thread for pics of your mods! Enjoy and post 'em up! :)
--Michael

-------
Ok guys, Ive been working on getting my IS350 all nice n' pretty w/ a decent drop and a nice set of wheels. Finally, ive gotten all that and im super happy with how it came out. Here's whats on my car:

Stern ST-1 Wheels
19x8.5 Front +32 offset
19x9.5 Rear +35 offset

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's
225/35/19 Front
255/35/19 Rear

Tein Super Street Coilover Kit

HKS Carbon-Ti Mufflers w/ Custom 2.5'' True Dual Piping

Aerotect Smoked-Out Rear Reflectors and Red-Out Tail Lights

20% SolarGuard Tint All Around

JL Audio 10w6 Subwoofer w/ Alpine MRD-M605 Amp In The Trunk

Pictures:

See less See more
#52 ·
ONEdirty23 said:
Here are a few pics of my car. sorry for the quality, still learning how to use my camera.
Great looking car! Definitely mess with the white balance on your camera, your car looks yellow! :) BTW, you're not selling your stock rims are ya? I'm continually looking for a deal on a 2nd set of rims for winter. Have some rep for the pics! :)

#55 ·
The IS is more fun to drive right now; however, I need to take it into the shop to get the supercharger running correctly and get all of the tuning done. I plan on adding some more mods as well while it's in, so it might be few weeks before it gets back.

The 335 is fun to drive the way it is; however, it definitely needs some lowering springs and a lot more meat under the wheels. You won't believe this, but a set of 315's will fit on the rear on some 19s, but I can't remember the offset. I'm thinking of picking up a set of these for the roadcourse. I am still shopping around for the right parts for it.

#56 ·
roro said:
The IS is more fun to drive right now; however, I need to take it into the shop to get the supercharger running correctly and get all of the tuning done. I plan on adding some more mods as well while it's in, so it might be few weeks before it gets back.
How much hpower is the supercharger giving you on the 350, (when it's working?)

BTW, crazy about 315s on the BMW!?

#57 ·
With the 250 pulley, it put down 314 at the wheels. I've since upgraded to a 225 pulley so it will run more boost. The supercharger is working just fine, it is finding a proper size belt to go on it that is proving to be the hard part.

I have a hook up at a local tire/rim place and he pulled out one of the 315s and I was in awe at the width. Unfortunately, he's trying to sell me some Asanti rims to go with it and I don't know if i'm ready to drop $5700 on the whole package. I'm thinking more for road racing, those 315s would be bad ass as long as the rim that goes with them was not too heavy. Then again, a set of Nitto R1s would probably be faster on the track with less width. Who knows..........

#61 ·
roro said:
With the 250 pulley, it put down 314 at the wheels. I've since upgraded to a 225 pulley so it will run more boost. The supercharger is working just fine, it is finding a proper size belt to go on it that is proving to be the hard part.

I have a hook up at a local tire/rim place and he pulled out one of the 315s and I was in awe at the width. Unfortunately, he's trying to sell me some Asanti rims to go with it and I don't know if i'm ready to drop $5700 on the whole package. I'm thinking more for road racing, those 315s would be bad ass as long as the rim that goes with them was not too heavy. Then again, a set of Nitto R1s would probably be faster on the track with less width. Who knows..........
314 at the wheels is SICK!

Regarding the 315s, I'd suspect they'd be especially heavy no?

#62 ·
This is what i got so far.
1. Element 114 rear spoiler
2. 20" GFG Versailles 6
3. Injen Intake
4. 2 JL Audio 10s with a JL 500/1
5. Red out tail lighs by Rvinyl.
6. HKS exhaust this weekend

[/IMG]

Reactions: IS-F-I-Found
#64 · (Edited)
Michael said:
314 at the wheels is SICK!

Regarding the 315s, I'd suspect they'd be especially heavy no?
Honestly, I would consider 314 to be very disappointing for such an expensive upgrade. I don't know what type dyno Roro did his testing on, but I put down 276 with very minor mods on a DynoJet.

#65 ·
Those #'s are alright to me considering I knew it was running very little boost. It was an upgrade of about 30 hp at the wheels. I've since upgraded to a smaller supercharger pulley, so it will run even more boost now. I have to get it into a shop first thought to get the correct size belt on there.

#66 ·
roro said:
Those #'s are alright to me considering I knew it was running very little boost. It was an upgrade of about 30 hp at the wheels. I've since upgraded to a smaller supercharger pulley, so it will run even more boost now. I have to get it into a shop first thought to get the correct size belt on there.
Do you have any dyno plots that you can post? The curve is always more interesting than the peak anyway. BTW, I wasn't trying to knock your efforts at all. I've always appreciated your trail blazing. :)

#67 ·
I agree with Gernby also about the supercharger. Im not tryin to knock ur efforts either Roro, i envy your s/c, but for $5000+ i would expect a lil more than +40hp ya know? Once you get it aggressivly tuned and have the other pulley installed, it should produce some better numbers.

Oh yea, i almost forgot, since we are talking about mods, i ordered a set of Axis Shines today:
19x8.5 front
19x9.5 rear.

I pick them up tomorrow. I dont have tires for them yet, im still saving for those, but i just thought i'd announce that i got a new setta wheels ;)

#69 ·
MarWar80 said:
Tony,
I'm diggin the spoiler, Where did you get it? And how much?

I got it directly from Element114.com. It was $410 painted and shipped. They have them now for $365 painted and shippped or 305 just primed. Just go to their contact information and call the 1877-890-6391. They will place your order through the phone.

Reactions: MarWar80
#72 ·
is that the carlsson front lip?

#77 ·
Wow, looking good :approve:
The car looks very clean.

What size are your rims? Offset? Love the lip on the rears!!

Reactions: IS-F-I-Found
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.