Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - Q:Royal Purple oil color? went to dealer for oil change, did i get something else?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2006, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
808IS3
Loyalist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Q:Royal Purple oil color? went to dealer for oil change, did i get something else?

okay so the title is a lil vague... heres the thing... the place i normally go to for service doesn't do them anymore and being i live in an apartment complex and don't have any tools (more so a jack or needed stands) nor did i have the needed time to do it myself. i know excuses im truely lazy and rather pay someone else to get their hands dirty for only $30 bux

anywayz i purchased my own royal purple oil and took it into the dealer to have them change the oil. now i know the stuff is purple when its still in the container and once it gets into the engine it eventually turns brownish. but me being not too trusting and somewhat paranoid i suppose decided to check under the hood. and the oil is clear in color.

so my question is for the other guys currently running RP oil, what color is your oil after a week or so? clear and shiny or still somewhat purple? am i really just being paranoid?

01' SBM slightly modded & updated... VERTEX

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome