Lexus IS Forum - View Single Post - Lost keys, replace ecu?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Joe Z
Manufacturer of Pipes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok.. I guess I'll be the first to tell everyone here...

If you lost both Keys, there is a way to re-flash the ECU with out buying or replacing the cars Engine ECU for $3,000 .. The dealerships actually haven't actually figured this one out yet, and neither has Lexus...

But Steve owner of Luxury MotorWorks in Monrovia, CA (1-626-256-4849) has actually figured out the procedure and those this process. He only charges I believe $100 for people who are out of state, which includes Re-flashing the engine ECU.. and making it ready for "Program Mode". in which once you have your new keys, you insert and turn (up to 3 keys), and they will automaically program themselves.
Now if you need new Master keys that come new and uncut, that will run an additional $125 each. So for basically $350 you will get the Engine ECU Re-flashed plus two New mater keys... Which then you will have to get Laser cut. This price is for people who are out of state and intend to remove & ship there Engine ECU to LMWs and they will send everything back ready to go. Minus the key cutting of course. The customer pays the shipping fees.

Now if your local to Southern California - He will do the labor on your car and everything on the spot & Re-falshing the ECU for $300. Plus whatever additional things you need like New master keys, etc..

Let me know if you need any more info..

Joe Z 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangcbr
Do you still have at least one of the master keys? If you do, as far as I am concerned, you can program the key using the thread that I started regarding programing of keys located in the general discussion. If you have lost all of your keys (like I almost did and that is why I know) you will have to replace the ECU. On the bright side, Lexus will cover the cost of the computer (2-3 thousand) and all you will have to pay for is the labor (about an hour). You will also have to buy the keys the go with it. While it is stupid that the computer as to be replaced, it is nice lexus will cover it. By the way, I have a 2003, if that makes a difference. Good Luck!

2008 Smoky Granite Mica IS-F w/ ML ~ NAV ~ Black Leather
PTS Exhaust, designed by Joe Z ~ TRD Shift knob ~ Protected by Aerotect
Five Axis Design R5:F Wheels on Continental Extreme DW

Joe Z Intake <- Designed by an Enthusiast for Enthusiasts

01' GGP ~ #131 Born 5/00 ~ Lost 4/07
ALL MY MODS are For Sale here: Joe Zís Super Garage Sale

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome